Easy Greek Salad tossed with a delicious and simple Homemade Dressing.
When I’m out to dinner with my husband, he’s the one that orders a salad and I’ll order the steak. 🙂 On girl’s weekend trips with my sisters, they’re all so excited to order a salad at whatever restaurant we go to and I’m like, pizza please!
However… I am a huge fan of anything with feta cheese and kalamata olives. In fact, if it’s anything greek or mediterranean, count me in! My husband loves greek food too so I found myself with a crisper drawer full of lettuce, tomato and cucumber as well as feta cheese and olives. I threw together this salad and made a yummy light olive oil based herb dressing. I tried it and you know what? I LIKED IT. A lot. So much that I’m putting it on here for you to try.
The dressing is light and tastes amazing tossed together with the chopped veggies. Feel free to add grilled chicken to make it heartier or double it to make more (this serves about 2-3 people). I’m thinking I need to give salads more of a chance now! I’ll definitely be making this one again and again!
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ of a large tomato, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2¼ tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2½ tsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. garlic, finely diced or put through a press
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. salt, or more for taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper, or more for taste
- Combine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green onions and olives in a large bowl.
- In a mason jar, combine olive oil, vinegar, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Place lid on jar and shake until combined.
- When ready to serve/eat salad, pour dressing over lettuce mixture and toss with feta cheese. Enjoy!
Looking for more salads? Check these out: