This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Perdue. The opinions and text are all mine. Marinated and grilled Thai Coconut Chicken Skewers over a bed of delicious coconut rice!
Sometimes I dream of a dinner in which I have to do very little work.
Where I only have to think about one simple protein. Where I don’t have to sit over a stovetop or hot oven while it cooks.
This dream dinner would only take a short time to cook but taste gourmet. My kids and husband would all applaud and oohs and aahs would ensue over said delicious dinner.
Oh, wait. I just made that dinner.
Yep. I grilled it, we devoured it, loved it, then made it again and again.
Are you intrigued? You should be! These Thai Coconut Chicken Skewers are the BOMB!
I used my trusty Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs to make these tasty skewers. I seriously big fluffy heart Perdue chicken.
Perdue Farms is a family-owned and operated company started in the 1920′s and has been run by three generations. The chicken are raised cage-free and are fed an all-vegetarian diet, with no hormones or steroids. This chicken is high-quality, pure and delicious. I feed it to my family because I know that they’re getting the best chicken out there! Again, I LOVE Perdue!
So, back to the skewers – I marinated them for 1-2 hours – but the sauce is so flavorful, that’s not even necessary! Just brush the skewers with the extra marinade while they’re cooking.
Meanwhile, cook up some basmati rice using light coconut milk in place of water, and when the chicken is all cooked, serve with a nice helping of rice and get ready for the oohs and aahs from your family!
The chicken is moist, extremely flavorful, and pairs perfectly with the rice. Best. Dinner. Ever!
- 1¼ cup light coconut milk
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper (or more if desired)
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. minced fresh ginger
- zest of 1 small lime
- juice from ½ small lime
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into long strips
- bamboo skewers
- basmati rice
- light coconut milk
- cilantro, chopped for serving
- Combine coconut milk, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, cayenne, curry powder, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest & juice in a large Ziploc bag. Swish contents around in bag to mix well.
- Add in chicken thighs. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes and then thread chicken pieces onto skewers (reserve marinade). Heat grill to medium-high. Cook skewers until cooked through, rotating often to cook each side and brushing with extra marinade.
- Meanwhile, measure out rice and replace the water required to cook the rice with coconut milk instead. I like to use a rice cooker but feel free to use stovetop or microwave too!
- When skewers are finished, serve atop a bed of fresh, warm coconut rice and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy!