The most incredible Orange Chicken Stir Fry with pan seared, bite-sized chicken, red bell peppers, onion and a delicious sweet and savory sauce served over rice. So easy and one of my favorite recipes from the Express Lane Cooking cookbook from Shawn Syphus! Win a copy below!
I’m a HUGE cookbook fan. Honestly, that’s one of the reasons I started my blog. I have a crazy cookbook obsession. Actually, I’m obsessed with recipes in general. I love going to Barnes & Noble and checking out all the cookbooks and recipe magazines. When I’m sitting in a waiting room? I’m all about reading the recipes in magazines. I just love them! If it’s my Birthday, of course my family buys me the latest cookbooks!
So when I heard that my super talented friend, Shawn from I Wash, You Dry had a new cookbook coming out, of course I had to have one!!
It’s called Express Lane Cooking… and can I just add that it’s one of the prettiest cookbooks I have ever seen? Shawn did her own photography in it and it’s stunning.
Her recipes are absolutely fabulous. They’re fast, easy, and she separates the recipes into groups of threes, where each recipe in the group uses the same simple 5 ingredients. It’s genius and makes for super easy menu planning and grocery shopping (hence the name Express Lane Cooking!).
I’ve made several of her recipes and have been so pleasantly surprised by all of them. They’ve all been family-pleasers! This particular recipe has been made about 4 times already. It’s become an instant family favorite. I have the permission to give you a little preview of her amazing cookbook by sharing this recipe with you today, you lucky duck!
This Orange Chicken Stir Fry has pan seared chicken pieces, red bell peppers and red onion all cooked in a delicious sweet and savory sauce and then served over rice. So easy to make, a family pleaser (my boys love it!) and is so flavorful!
But please don’t take my word for it – go out and get yourself a copy of Shawn’s cookbook today and make more of her incredible recipes! It’s definitely worth it! Or enter to win the giveaway below to win a copy of your own!
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- ½ purple onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless skinless, cut into bite-size pieces (I used chicken breasts)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Combine the chicken broth, orange marmalade, soy sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes in a small bowl, then whisk to combine. Set this aside for later.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the peppers and onions for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the pepper and onion from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the wok or skillet and toss the bite-size pieces of chicken in the cornstarch, shaking off the excess.
- Add the chicken to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan (I like to do this in two batches).
- Brown the chicken on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Once all the chicken is cooked, add the vegetables back to the pan, then stir in the sauce and heat it through until it bubbles and thickens.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!