The most incredible Orange Chicken Stir Fry with pan seared, bite-sized chicken, red bell peppers, onion and a delicious sweet and savory sauce served over rice.
I’m a HUGE cookbook fan. Honestly, that’s one of the reasons I started my blog. I have a crazy cookbook obsession.
Actually, I’m obsessed with recipes in general. I love going to Barnes & Noble and checking out all the cookbooks and recipe magazines.
When I’m sitting in a waiting room? I’m all about reading the recipes in magazines. I just love them! If it’s my Birthday, of course my family buys me the latest cookbooks.
One of my favorite new recipes? This Orange Chicken Stir Fry!
It has pan seared chicken pieces, red bell peppers and red onion all cooked in a delicious sweet and savory sauce and then served over rice.
So easy to make, a family pleaser (my boys love it!) and it’s so flavorful.
Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 purple onion coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. chicken thighs boneless skinless, cut into bite-size pieces (I used chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Combine the chicken broth, orange marmalade, soy sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes in a small bowl, then whisk to combine. Set this aside for later.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the peppers and onions for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the pepper and onion from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the wok or skillet and toss the bite-size pieces of chicken in the cornstarch, shaking off the excess.
- Add the chicken to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan (I like to do this in two batches).
- Brown the chicken on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Once all the chicken is cooked, add the vegetables back to the pan, then stir in the sauce and heat it through until it bubbles and thickens.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!