The Best Ever White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies – these are incredible! White chocolate and butterscotch chips melted inside buttery, soft cookies. To-die-for.
I somehow got roped into being the PTA hospitality co-chair in my kindergarteners school. I think the PTA president just assumed that since I liked food, that I would be perfect for such a calling. Ha!
Already in the first two weeks of school, I’ve spent more time at that school than I have in the last two years at my older two kids’ school. 😉
If you have no clue what I’m talking about, then let me enlighten you. The hospitality chairs’ job is to put on luncheons for the teachers, refreshments for any big school events and PTA meetings. Plus more stuff, too. I can’t believe how much work it is!
So last night we had the dreaded annual Back to School night. We asked the parents to sign up to bring some cookies for the event. Of course I couldn’t let the opportunity to make cookies slip by! I made some yummy cookies to serve up, too.
I wasn’t craving the traditional chocolate chip (in fact, we asked people to bring something other than chocolate chip) so I scoured my baking cabinet and found that by chance, I had some butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips. Booyah!
What better way to put those chips to work than in some White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies?!
Seriously you guys, these butterscotch cookies are truly delicious. I adapted the recipe from my trusty Mrs. Fields cookbook. I’ve had this cookbook since I got married. If I’m in need of a really great cookie recipe, I consult the Best Ever Cookie Book – it’s never let me down! (Thank you Mrs. Fields!)
They came out a tad bit flat but I think that’s because it was about 90 degrees in my house. In September. No air-conditioning in my house… and I’m baking. I’m insane.
But I couldn’t be happier with the turnout. These butterscotch cookies were delish! Of course my kids couldn’t keep their hands off the cookies, though. Well, particularly one kid. Whom you see in the two pictures that have little kid hands in them. My little Tate is a total sweet tooth-aholic. I found him crouched behind one of our couches devouring a cookie when I told him no more. LOL!!
So, yeah, It’s Friday and I think it’s about dang time you made some white chocolate butterscotch cookies, mmkay? Enjoy!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a mixer (I used my Kitchenmaid Mixer) cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix to blend. Stir in butterscotch and white chocolate chips. Don't overmix!
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Transfer to wire racks and cool.
- Eat and enjoy!
Other Butterscotch Cookies Recipes from friends:
- Butterscotch Cookies by Gal on a Mission
- The Best Butterscotch Cookies by Sarah Rae Vargas
- White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies by I Heart Naptime