Chinese Chicken Salad is a healthy, flavorful, easy lunch or dinner salad recipe. It’s easy to make but tastes like it’s straight from a restaurant – this will become a favorite salad recipe at your house!
Last Christmas Eve, my family was invited to our friend’s home to celebrate the holiday. They had the yummiest food and I was really impressed! When I asked what the recipe was for the salad I was enjoying, my friend told me sheepishly that she hadn’t actually made it from scratch, but ordered it from a local restaurant near us. 😉 It was a Chinese Chicken Salad…and I was in LOVE!
From then on I was obsessed with Chinese Chicken Salad! There’s something about the savory aspect of the lettuce, veggies and chicken with the sweetness of the mandarin oranges and homemade dressing. It’s the perfect combo together and makes the best ever Chinese Chicken Salad!
To make this easy and delicious salad, I combined romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, cooked chicken, roasted almonds and sesame seeds. I crumbled some uncooked ramen noodles on top, too.
I don’t know about you but I love love love ramen noodles! It’s the 16 year old in me. Have you ever eaten the dry noodles from the package? My two younger boys love eating the noodles like that. I crush the package before opening it up so I get little chunks of uncooked ramen noodles and tossed it in the salad. I love the added crunch it gives!
The homemade salad dressing is so simple to make with only a few ingredients. It completes this incredible Chinese Chicken Salad! Instead of throwing that seasoning packet away from the ramen noodles, I used it in the dressing along with a little oil, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper. It’s really simple to mix together and keeps in the refrigerator for several days. I like to mix it in a jar so I can shake it up before pouring it on my salad.
I’m really trying to eat more greens throughout the week. I mentioned in this post that I’ve been eating healthier in order to lose a few pounds. This Chinese Chicken Salad is definitely making things a lot easier! Not only is it healthy but it honest-to-goodness does NOT taste like it’s healthy, lol! It’s disguised really well. 😉 Healthy food doesn’t always have to taste like it’s healthy. Stick to those New Years Resolutions and eat more Chinese Chicken Salad!
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 package Chicken flavor Top Ramen, noodles crushed
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cooked and cubed
- 1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 flavor packet from the Top Ramen
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¾ Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend (or about 1½ Tbsp. sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Toast almonds for 3 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking. Sprinkle sesame seeds over almonds and roast for 2 -3 minutes together or until browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, bell pepper, green onions, chicken, oranges and dry, crushed ramen noodles.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- When almonds and sesame seeds cool, add to salad. When ready to serve, toss with some of the dressing. Serve and enjoy!