Sheet Pan Spicy Balsamic Roasted Chicken & Veggies for the WIN!! This dinner is full of fiber-filled veggies and lean chicken, tossed in a spicy balsamic sauce and then baked on a sheet pan. Easy peasy and gluten free, high protein, paleo and clean eating!
Can I get something off my chest?? I always thought having older kids would make life so much easier. I thought they would be self sufficient and make less messes, etc. When I had little kids, I didn’t realize that the ability to manipulate little one’s time was a blessing. As in, you control where you go and when. Now that I have older ones AND little ones, I’m realizing the craziness of teens. I had zero idea the amount of time I would spend in the car, chartering kids to and from activities and I practically have zero control over anything that’s going on.
Now, I’m not saying this to complain. I absolutely LOVE all of my kids, big and little. I’m just saying it because my life is crazy right now! I’ve started adding all of my meetings/practices/appointments/etc into my cell phone calendar and it’s crazy to see how busy the after school hours are for me. Almost every day has two or three or ten things going on.
I’m happy to say that high school basketball is over this week so that frees up my schedule! My oldest fractured his knee and hasn’t been able to play but is still on the team, which means I’m still taking him to practices and games. He’s had to go to therapy two times a week for the last month, poor kid.
My silver lining is dinnertime. I love coming together and eating a good dinner with my family. We can usually make that happen, which is sort of a miracle. I hate when I’ll try some new recipe out (my poor guinea pig family!) and I’ve spent oodles of time on it and then everyone hates it. To keep this from happening, I’ve gotten good at sort of reinventing meals. 😉
Like, I know that my kids will eat roasted vegetables and they love chicken. So I’ll sort of mix up some of our favorites like my One Pan Baked Italian Chicken, Potatoes & Green Beans or my One-Pan Herb Baked Chicken and Potatoes and reinvent the idea. Who doesn’t love a sheet pan meal?! It’s so easy to toss everything onto a sheet pan and stick it in the oven and then magically you have a whole meal!
This Spicy Balsamic Roasted Chicken & Veggies recipe only has a a few ingredients and really doesn’t take long at all. It’s not too spicy, but the Sriracha gives it a nice kick. The chicken is tender and the veggies have so much flavor. I love balsamic vinegar AND chicken so making Balsamic Roasted Chicken seems like a match made in heaven!
I’ve mentioned a million times before that my husband and I like to meal plan and this is one of my favorite ways to plan out dinners for the week. This Spicy Balsamic Roasted Chicken and Veggies makes about 6 dinners after cooked and is great reheated. I hope you’ll give it a try!
- 2½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (I like this brand)
- 1½ Tbsp. hot chili sauce, like Sriracha
- 1½ Tbsp. honey
- 1½ tsp. minced ginger (I used this brand)
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1½ cup baby carrots
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 red onion
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Mix vinegar, chili sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Pour about ¾ of the mixture inside a large resealable bag. Add chicken cubes and toss to coat. Can marinate in refrigerator for 1-5 hours or use right away.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Prep vegetables and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Add marinated chicken to baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins or until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve and enjoy!
(Nutrition facts generated from caloriecount.com, Yummy Healthy Easy makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of this information.)