30-Minute Orange Rolls – super quick and yummy orange rolls made from scratch made in about 30 minutes!
Look what I have for you today…another bread recipe!! That’s two in a week! Nothing wrong with a little carb action, am I right?
Not sure what’s gotten into me, but I’ve been doing a lot of baking with yeast this week. I made homemade pita bread again and then shared the best Peasant Bread recipe the other day, and now these awesome orange rolls. I think I was inspired by this month’s Mystery Dish ingredients, which included yeast in the list.
This month’s Mystery Dish was hosted by the darling Cate from Chez Catey Lou and she made up a challenging list of ingredients to choose from. Here they are:
-peanut butter chips
-whole wheat pastry flour
Good ones, right? Lots of possibilities with this list! At first I wanted to use zucchini and I actually made these Zucchini Fries but I sort of got in a baking mood and decided to make something sweet using the yeast and lemon. So these cute orange rolls were created!
The best part about these rolls is how easy they are to make. There’s no lousy kneading or waiting around for hours to rise. Nope. Mix the ingredients together, roll them out, spread with orangey buttery goodness, roll up, cut and let rise for a short 15 minutes. Bake and glaze.
So maybe I lied and said the best part is how easy they are to make, but I think the best part is how yummy, soft and citrusy they are! There’s nothing quite like a warm sweet roll from the oven! Topped with a lemon glaze, you really can’t get better than that.
It’s a fun and delicious summery recipe everyone loves that won’t take you long to make. I hope you like them as much as we do!
Easy 30 Minute Orange Rolls
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia or 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/3 cup oil I used coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter softened
- 3 Tbsp. Truvia or about 1/3 cup sugar
- zest from one large orange about 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water and sugar and yeast. Add in oil, salt, egg and flour and stir until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out into a rectangle. In a small bowl, combine 6 Tbsp. butter, 3 Tbsp. Truvia or sugar, and zest from an orange. Spread evenly over rolled out dough. Roll into one long roll. Cut into about 1 to 1 1/2 inch sections (you should get 12-14 rolls from this) Place each roll into the prepared muffin tin. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. butter, powdered sugar, milk, lemon zest and juice.
- Place rolls in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Drizzle with lemon glaze and ENJOY!
Check out what my Mystery Dish Friends made this month:
1. Raspberry Lemon Sweet Roll Cake with Buttermilk Glaze – Baking a Moment
2. Twice Baked Zucchini Boat – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
3. Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Raspberry Mint Compote – Blahnik Baker
4. Lemon-Raspberry Bundt Cake – I Dig Pinterest
5. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – The Dessert Chronicles
6. Mini Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – I Want Crazy
7. Zucchini Noodles with Meat Mushroom Tomato Sauce – Joyfully Healthy Eats
8. Baked Wonton Cups Filled with Edamame Corn Salad – The Well Floured Kitchen
9. Easy 30 Minute Orange Rolls – Yummy Healthy Easy
10. BBQ Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Basil Ranch Dressing – The Pajama Chef
11. Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Culinary Couture
12. Zucchini Muffins with Lemon Glaze – The Weary Chef
13. Lemon Bundt Cake – Chez CateyLou
How about some more snacks & desserts?
Easy No-Bake Granola Bars with a Nutella Drizzle
Gluten Free White Bean Brownies
Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron says
Totally dying over that last photo Jen! Absolutely beautiful! Love that these can be made in thirty minutes and orange rolls are my favorite! Orange and lemon is such a fun combination. Pinned 🙂
Thanks Chelsea!! Nothing like a lemon glaze, right?! Thanks for the pin! xo!
I’m on board with the carb action…baked bread is the best! These orange rolls look so delicious and sound so easy…I’m gonna have to give them a try! 🙂 Have a great weekend, Jen.
You definitely have to try these, Marcie! You won’t be disappointed!! Have a great weekend! xo!
[email protected] Well Floured Kitchen says
Citrus is such a great flavor and I love anything that can be done in under 30 minutes 🙂 These look delicious!
Thanks Sherri! You just can’t go wrong with citrus, right?!
Wish I had one of these right now! Looks delicious!
Whip you up a batch for breakfast tomorrow, Kelly, You won’t be disappointed! 😉 xo!
Shannon @ Living Life Cajun Style says
I want to try these this weekend. I think I have everything needed. I’m not the best baker but these look so simple. My youngest daughter would love these.
Your daughter would love these orange rolls, Shannon! Give them a try this weekend!! 🙂 xo!
Rachel @the dessert chronicles says
I’m carboloading currently for a race this weekend so I think these are just what I need. I love how quick and easy these are too!
If you’re carbloading Rachel, then you NEED these orange rolls in your life ASAP!!!! 🙂 They are so yummy and super quick to make!
Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef says
i love orange rolls! these look so much better (and just as quick) as the canned ones!
They are totally amazing, you would never guess how (not) long it took to make them!
Cate @ Chez CateyLou says
Definitely nothing wrong with a little carb action! These look amazing! I am seriously in awe that they only take 30 minutes – I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I can’t believe how easy these are, Jen, and they look so delicious! I might try them tomorrow. 🙂
Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic says
I always welcome carbs! This looks great, especially with the glaze!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
I am soooo in love with these Jen!
[email protected] says
Send some my way (please!?!?) 😉