Breakfast pastry ring made with crescent rolls and topped with a delicious cream cheese layer and apple pie filling. Looks fancy but it’s so easy!
Today’s my Dad’s Birthday! Hey Mom, tell Dad I said Happy Birthday! 😉
I love Birthdays. I love holidays, really. Any occasion to celebrate and make delicious food is my favorite. Like Christmas. It’s next week – seven days, to be exact! YIKES!!
What are you making for breakfast on Christmas morning? Do you have a recipe you always make?
Christmas morning is the best. I have memories of waking up super early and waiting in bed until my dad came to get us out of our rooms. He would line us up in the hallway, usually youngest to oldest and then march us out to the living or family room.
Each kid in my family had a section of the couch or a chair dedicated to them, with their gifts laid on it. Santa usually left our gifts unwrapped, probably since we had 6 kids in my family and that’s a LOT of wrapping to do! 😉
After we oohed and aahed over our presents, my mom would make an awesome breakfast. We would usually have other family members come over and we’d eat together.
I love looking back at these simple traditions. Now that I’m a mom, I’m always trying to start new traditions with my family. They’re the memories my kids will hold onto. Christmas breakfast is a good place to start!
If you’re looking for a new breakfast idea, try this breakfast pastry! I promise it won’t disappoint.
It’s creamy apple filling inside crescent rolls. Seriously? You CAN’T go wrong with that! It looks sort of complicated but I promise it’s super easy! It will surely impress your guests or your family!
Apple Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastry
- 2 8-oz packages crescent rolls
- 1 8-oz package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Open both packages of crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 12 triangles in a circle on the pizza pan, with wide edges on the outside of the pan and the points of the crescent triangles in the middle. Press the outer seams together, leaving the points in the middle alone.
- Make cream cheese filling: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the outer edges (about 2" wide) of the dough, within about 1/2" of the edge. Spoon pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Now, take the points of the crescent triangles in the middle of the pizza pan and place them up over the filling, pressing the point into the outer edge. Make your way around the pan doing this, making a circle shape.
- Cut the remaining 4 crescent triangles lengthwise into three strips. You will have 12 small triangle shaped pieces. Going around your circle, place the outer edges of the small triangles into the uncovered filling areas. There should be 12 "empty" spots to place your small triangles. Press the larger seams together on the outside of the ring and the points on the inside of the ring.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make glaze: combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 tsp. milk and mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pastry. Slice into triangles and serve. Enjoy!
Enjoy these layers of flaky crescent roll, creamy cream cheese filling and apples with a yummy glaze on top!