Avocado Chicken Salad Wrap – a perfect blend of avocado, Greek yogurt, chicken, celery, grapes, red onion & spices to make your lunch complete! This healthy recipe only takes a few minutes to whip up! (Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! I love celebrating holidays but will admit I’m not that crafty or clever. I have friends that make green mint this or pistachio that. All these fun treat ideas and crafts. When it comes to St. Paddy’s in my house, my kids are doing well to get Lucky Charms for breakfast, a fruit rainbow for snack and this Avocado Chicken Salad Wrap for lunch!
What does Avocado Chicken Salad have to do with St. Patrick’s Day? Absolutely nothing! Except that it’s green. 😉
And it’s super delicious. So much so, that I ate most of the filling before it even made it into a wrap. Whoops! But don’t worry, I made it again so I could show it off to you. Isn’t it pretty?
The best part is that it’s quick to make and healthy to eat. The binding base to this healthy avocado chicken salad wrap is Greek yogurt and mashed avocado. But not just ANY avocado… a California Avocado!
I’m super excited to be working with the California Avocado Commission this year to promote their amazing avocados. You heard me. It’s finally avocado season!!! Wohoo!
No joke, California Avocados are the best avocados I’ve ever had. They’re rich, creamy, and have the best flavor to them.I couldn’t believe my eyes when I got a huge box of them delivered to my house. So many avocados in one box! I immediately got to cooking.
I made this avocado chicken salad several times and my family devoured it. It has the best flavor without hardly any work. You will love this easy lunch (or light dinner) idea!
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 California Avocado, mashed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. curry powder (optional)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ tsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped grapes
- 1 California Avocado, sliced
- flour tortillas
- Scoop avocado into a bowl. Mash with fork. Stir in Greek yogurt.
- Fold in chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder.
- When combined, add celery, onion, grapes and lime juice. Stop to combine.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas. (Makes about 4 smaller wraps or about 2 larger burrito size wraps)
- Spread a few slices avocado on top and roll up. Slice in half and serve. Leftovers store well in the refrigerator in air-tight container. Enjoy!
Looking for more lunch ideas? Try these:
(Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)