This conversation is sponsored by Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine. Baked Chicken Strips dipped in a creamy parmesan dip – kid and adult friendly dinner everyone will love!
Well, it’s that time again. Back to school time. Have your kids already gone back? Mine start tomorrow! I have one excited 5th grader and one not excited 7th grader. 😉
We also just recently started football. Talk about time commitment! Practices have been every day of the week. Every day, people. My older one has to go to a different field on most days so I’m driving back and forth, dropping off and picking up. It’s madness.
They don’t finish practice until 7:30pm and when they’re done, they’re starving. If I don’t have something either already prepared or something quick to whip up, they get hangry (hungry + angry = hangry) really quick.
I also have two younger munchkins that need a quick dinner too! They LOVE chicken nuggets. But let’s be honest, what nutritional value is in a fried chicken nugget? Answer – none.
But baked chicken? Nutritious and delicious!
Using fresh products such as Horizon Organic milk to help bind flavors and breading onto the chicken. Then baking and serving the chicken strips with a creamy parmesan dip using Horizon Organic sour cream – winner winner, chicken dinner!
I love Horizon Organic products because I know I’m buying quality food that’s nutritious for my children. Horizon Organic has been providing healthy organic milk, cheese, and other organic dairy products for 20 years!
You can get your kids involved with the cooking process, too. My boys helped me make and helped me eat these baked chicken strips.
They’re quick and easy to make, with a few fun steps such as rolling the chicken in a flour mixture and then dipping in Horizon Organic milk and then tossing in bread crumbs. The kids love helping with steps like that!
This is a dinner your whole family can help make and will love. Perfect for those busy school nights! Make sure you follow Horizon Organic on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for coupons and ideas for family fun!
Baked Chicken Strips with Creamy Parmesan Dip
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2 - 2" strips
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup Horizon Organic milk
- 1/4 cup Horizon Organic sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. powdered parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- S & P to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on a plate and set aside.
- Mix together flour, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, pour milk and set aside.
- Take chicken strips and dredge in flour mixture. Next, dip in milk and then roll in bread crumb/parmesan. Place breaded chicken onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Give chicken a quick spray with cooking spray and then place in preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- While chicken is cooling off, mix together sour cream, parmesan, dijon and salt & pepper. Serve with chicken strips and enjoy!
This conversation is sponsored by Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.