Delicious Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts that are soft, chocolatey and light with the best chocolate glaze on the top. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of California Dairy. I’m an ambassador and the opinions and text are all mine.
Oh, donuts. How I adore you. There’s nothing like a donut to brighten your day. Especially chocolate cake donuts with chocolate glaze that are baked so they’re not as fattening. 🙂 Be still my heart! These little beauties are made using Real California Milk.
Did you read my post all about my fun trip to a real dairy farm with a bunch of other super cool bloggers? Read about it HERE, if you haven’t already.
I had the time of my life! I learned all about how a dairy works, actually got to see it in action. I also got to visit the Thrifty Ice Cream plant. I got to see how the ice cream is made right in their factory. They use nothing but Real California Milk in their ice cream, and boy is it delicious!
I have to say, products made with Real California Milk are great quality. I love baking with them because I know I’m using the freshest and best ingredients for my family.
(How cute is this glass?! That little cow kills me!)
I used three kinds of dairy in these chocolate cake donuts. I used buttermilk, butter and regular milk. All of which had the distinctive Real California Milk symbols on the outside of the cartons. When I shop for dairy or cheese, I always look for that little logo.
These donuts are so delicious! They’re soft, chocolatey and light with the best chocolate glaze on the top. They were an absolute hit with my boys. I messed with the recipe until I got it right and ended up making a few batches. I’m embarrassed to say that we ate almost all of them in a day or so! They were absolutely amazing.
Chocolate cake donuts have always been a favorite of mine. They’re the best served alongside a glass of cold milk. 🙂
Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3-5 Tbsp. milk
- sprinkles or other toppings
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly spray your donut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Truvia or sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add in egg, butter, buttermilk and vanilla and mix together. If too thick, add in a little milk until thinned out a bit. (You don't want it too thin, though! More like cake batter thick.)
- Spoon into donut pans, about 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When donuts have cooled a bit, dump from the donut pan.
- Icing: Mix together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired glaze consistency. You don't want it too thick but not too runny.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and place on cooling rack. Sprinkle with sprinkles or whatever topping you like.
- Enjoy with a glass of Real California Milk!