You won’t believe the incredible flavor in these Baked Pumpkin Donuts… especially since they’re so easy to make! Every bite is soft, moist and full of pumpkin & spice flavors. One of the best donut recipes I’ve ever had! (Thanks to Truvia for sponsoring this post!)
I truly love each of my kids and will give them whatever it takes to help them succeed in life and whatever endeavors they’re pursuing.
But when I’m asked to give up my entire Saturday to drive 1 1/2 hours EACH way to their football games so I can swelter in 97 degree heat while watching them play football, I don’t think I feel that same way anymore… haha! 😉
I’m kidding but not kidding. It’s a freaking hassle to be a football mom! Lots of driving, lots of money, lots of practices (every day but Sunday between both my older boys) and lots of hot weather during the games.
I’M READY FOR FALL DANGIT!!! I absolutely adore the fall months. We don’t have air conditioning in my house but we have central heat so it doesn’t bother me a bit to have to turn that on during the cooler months. Since I’m in California, our weather is pretty moderate. We don’t get the rain or snow that some of you get but it’s still beautiful.
Is it pumpkin donuts or pumpkin doughnuts?? Lol! I’m a little biased to donut because that’s how I’ve always spelled it in America but I have friends that swear it’s doughnut. I hope I’m not offending those doughnut people out there by calling these pumpkin donuts! 🙂
Whatever way you spell it, these pumpkin donuts (pumpkin doughnuts) are the BOMB. They’re light, moist, flavorful, and absolutely irresistible with that glaze on the top. I couldn’t believe how perfect they turned out. I used Truvia Brown Sugar Blend instead of regular brown sugar and saved quite a few calories. I love Truvia. It’s honestly the best sugar replacement I’ve ever used. I use it every time I bake. If you haven’t tried it yet, I urge you to grab a bag when you’re at the store next! They’re right next to the sugar and flour in the baking section.
And then make these pumpkin donuts as fast as you can! They’re so good and won’t last long! My boys scarfed these up practically as soon as they were glazed. I had to hit hands off to get these pictures, so you’re welcome. 😉 Enjoy!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- 1/4 cup packed Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp.milk I used soy milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray donut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl such as a kitchen-aid, combine Truvia and softened butter. Blend until incorporated.
- Add in pumpkin pie filling, milk and eggs. Mix until just combined.
- Add the previously combined dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and blend until just combined.
- Scoop into greased donut pan(s). Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until donuts spring back when touched and golden brown. Pull out to let cool.
- After a few minutes, flip donut pan over and remove donuts carefully. Let cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze: melt butter in a medium sized bowl in the microwave and add then powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Whisk until no lumps.
- Dip each cooled donut into glaze and set on wire rack. Serve and enjoy!