Juicy, flavorful Blue Cheese Beef Sliders for the win! Not only are these delicious, but they’re super easy too! (Thanks to ALDI for sponsoring this post!)
Do I have a treat for you today! I have to admit that I never have made sliders before I made these. Well, actually I made this recipe three times before I got it how I wanted it BUT you get the idea. Sliders were a new thing for this food blogger. Not anymore!
When ALDI asked me to come up with a couple of dishes that scream “California!” for their new ALDI Summer Road Trip campaign, sliders were one of the first things I thought of. You can find all sorts of delicious beef sliders in restaurants all over the place here in Los Angeles. Some of them are super fancy ones with truffle oil, fancy cheeses, etc.
Today I’m getting a bit basic with my recipe because, well, I have four kids and getting dinner on the table quickly is the ultimate goal! These Blue Cheese Beef Sliders are super moist. Like I said earlier, I messed around with this recipe a few times before getting it just right. That was actually the fun part because sliders are delicious!
In my final recipe, I used dry onion soup mix, blue cheese and the secret ingredient of low-fat mayonnaise. Don’t look at me like that! Yes, I said mayo. 🙂 It makes these so moist and the onion soup mix gives the meat such a rich flavor. You will love these cute patties (or as my kids called them: Krabby Patties – any Spongebob Squarepants lovers out there?) on little buns or Hawaiian Rolls. Add on some lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard, and you are good to go!
But let’s get back to ALDI for a moment…I’m not sure if you’ve had the opportunity to read my posts about my trip to their headquarters in Chicago and my experiences in their test kitchen, but I love ALDI! Read here about my top 5 reasons to shop there and why it’s such a great store. I’m beyond thrilled that they’re coming to Southern California! I can’t wait.
I was so excited when they asked me to develop recipes for their ALDI Summer Road Trip campaign! Let me explain a little about what the road trip is about. It’s a Virtual Road Trip to discover regional flavors and cuisines from your local ALDI. From deep dish pizza and pierogis in Chicago to Houston Tex Mex and good ol’ southern cooking from Atlanta, it’ll take you on a tasty trip and give you a fresh look at all of the great products ALDI has to offer.
Plus YOU got to vote for one of the stops on the Virtual Summer Road Trip! Yep, that’s right. Visit the ALDI Facebook page and vote for your favorite city today! And follow ALDI along on Twitter, too!
Blue Cheese Beef SlidersPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 packet Chef’s Cupboard Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 cup Happy Farms Preferred Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Tbsp. Burman's Light Mayonnaise
- Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- round dinner rolls or L’oven Fresh Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- fresh lettuce cut into small pieces
- fresh tomato slices
- Burman's Ketchup Mustard and Mayonnaise, to top
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, soup mix, blue cheese, mayo and pepper. Mix together using your hands and split meat mixture into 5 or 6 small circles about 3 1/2 inches wide and 3/4 inches thick. Make an indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb. This helps keep the patty from rising high in the center, like a ball.
- Place patties on either a preheated medium-high griddle plate, grill or even a pan on the stovetop. Cook until centers are cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut your rolls in half and slather with a little mayo. Place lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun. Add the cooked patties and top with ketchup and mustard if desired. You can also sprinkle some extra blue cheese or bacon bits on top as well. Put that top bun on and devour. Enjoy!
Looking for more yummy burger recipes? Check these out too:
Thank you ALDI for sponsoring this post!