Cajun Chicken Pasta with mushrooms, bell peppers and chicken in a creamy sauce over pasta noodles. Flavorful, creamy and totally comforting. Perfect fall dinner! (Thanks to Foster Farms, locally grown in California, for sponsoring this post!)
As a food blogger, I hardly ever make the same dishes for dinner twice, unless I’m trying to perfect a certain recipe. That being said, there are a handful of dinners that are my go-to meals that for one reason or another, I haven’t posted here on Yummy Healthy Easy.
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of them. 🙂
This is one of my family’s favorite dinners, and for good reason. It’s absolutely delicious but has few ingredients. It’s comforting, filling, creamy and flavorful. Every time I make it, the entire pan is devoured. Which is exactly the reason I haven’t posted it here before now, haha!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is full of sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers and cajun seasoned chicken in a creamy sauce over spaghetti noodles. It’s seriously so incredible!
One of the most important ingredients in this dish is the chicken. My favorite chicken to buy is Foster Farms. I used the Foster Farms Simply Raised breast fillets in my Cajun Chicken Pasta.
Foster Farms has been producing locally grown poultry since its founding 76 years ago. Max and Verda Foster founded the company in 1939 and raised turkeys right off their bedroom so Verda could keep a close eye on the eggs and chicks. Today, Foster Farms remains a family-owned company led by Max and Verda’s grandson, Ron Foster. I love that it’s still run by the same family.
All Foster Farms fresh chicken products grown in California are American Humane Certified and are delivered fresh to grocery stores from local ranches in 48 hours of less. Some chicken brands are trucked from across the country, which could take up to a WEEK to reach the West Coast. Here in California, Foster Farms fresh chicken products are locally grown in California. Sounds good to me!
California is a great place to live. We have lots of farmer’s markets around that I love visiting. It makes my heart happy to buy local produce from farmers where I live. I actually had the opportunity to grab the produce ingredients for this Cajun Chicken Pasta from a local produce stand! This makes my dish practically farm to table since the vegetables and chicken are fresh. 🙂
If you like pasta dishes, you will love this Cajun Chicken Pasta. Do yourself and your family a favor and give it a try tonight for dinner!
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms about 2 cups
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Foster Farms Simply Raised Breast Fillets sliced into strips
- 2 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil chopped or about 1 tsp. dried
- 1 13.25 oz package linguine or spaghetti
- Heat water for pasta in a large pan. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Combine sliced chicken and cajun seasoning in a bowl or large plastic bag and combine until all the pieces are coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in mushrooms and bell peppers. Cook until crisp-tender. Add in cajun-coated chicken pieces. Stir until no longer pink.
- Add green onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder and half & half. Don't boil, but lightly simmer on low-medium heat until half & half has thickened a bit. Add in basil.
- Pour pasta into chicken mixture and stir to combine. Top with extra fresh basil or green onions and parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
More chicken dinners worth checking out:
Skinny Chicken & Rice Casserole
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.
Thank you for the nice recipe, Jen. Have a super-duper week!
[email protected] says
I love cajun pasta, my mouth is watering!
Thank you Jen for the nice recipes.