Well, what do we have here? Pudding cake?
Why yes, yes we do. Be still my heart!
Pudding cake is one of my all time favorite desserts. My mom makes this ridiculously awesome chocolate pudding cake that was always my fave when I was a kid. But have you had caramel pudding cake?
In a nutshell, it’s a layer of moist, butterscotch cake baked over a layer of warm caramel goodness. When served with a scoop of ice cream, you get the cake, the ice cream AND the caramel to pour over the top! It’s just crazy amazing. Oh, and only 4 main ingredients!
AND this caramel pudding cake is made with a little secret ingredient: NEW Truvia Brown Sugar Blend!!!!
New Truvia Brown Sugar Blend has 75% fewer calories than regular brown sugar but has the same EXACT flavor and texture of regular brown sugar. For reals.
It really has blown me away. It’s my new fave go-to ingredient when I’m baking.
But check this out, Truvia® is partnering with 4 of YouTube’s top foodies to launch the Truvia®Baking Star contest! Check out their youtube profiles to watch their recipe creations using the new Truvia Brown Sugar Blend: Gaby Dalkin, Byron Talbott, April Moore and Joanne Ozug (click their names to take you to their youtube profiles).
But, what’s even cooler is if you share your best recipe using Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and/or Truvia®Baking Blend — you could be named the next Truvia® Baking Star!
Simply upload a short video HERE (2 minutes max) of you baking your best original recipes using Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and/or Truvia® Baking Blend and you could be one of three people, along with a guest of your choice, who win a trip to New York City to compete for the title of Truvia® Baking Star! How cool is that?!
The judges will select the grand prize winner, who will get the chance to film a professionally-produced Truvia® Baking Star video that will be featured on YouTube! Contest ends midnight ET October 7, 2014, so hurry and get creating!
Now, to get your wheels turning on what recipe you’re going to make for the Truvia®Baking Star contest, start by making this Caramel Pudding Cake. I promise you will fall in love!
- 3/4 c. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 2 c. Bisquick baking mix
- 1 c. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, water and coconut oil. Heat to boiling. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish or a 9x13" pan.
- In another bowl, mix Bisquick, Truvia and milk. Pour this over the liquid already in the cake pan - do NOT stir together! Just bake for 30 mins (9x13") or a bit longer for the 2 quart pan, about 45 minutes, or until the cake part at the top is cooked through.
- (Will have a delicious layer of ooey gooey caramel at the bottom of the pan with a warm cake on the top)
- Serve with light vanilla ice cream or fozen yogurt. Enjoy!