Carrot Coconut Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup powdered sugar I added a little more to make mine a bit thicker
- 1-1/2 oz or 3 Tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut. Set aside.
- In another medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in the carrots.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined. Use a 9 by 5-inch pan or three 6 by 3-inch pan, lightly greased. Bake for 55 minutes for a standard loaf, and 35 to 40 minutes for mini loaves. Let fully cool before removing from the pan.
- For glaze: whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined and then drizzle on top of loaf(s). Enjoy!!