Anyway, before he left I was on this big pesto kick. I have a huge confession to make: I was afraid of the grill! If there’s ever a recipe that involved grilling, I always made my husband do it! Well, he was still at work when I threw these patties together so I put on my big-girl pants and grilled these babies all by myself! And you know what? It was SO EASY! So my husband has been de-throned as the BBQ king and now I’m not just on a pesto kick, but a grill kick, too! Lol! You’ll be seeing many more grilled blog posts from me from now on!
These burgers are flavorful and juicy. If you’re having a July 4th barbecue, they’re the perfect thing to serve! It’ll look like you slaved for hours preparing them but really they’re super quick to put together and they taste like a restaurant burger! Your guests will be impressed!
- 1 pound ground beef I used 85% lean sirloin
- 3-4 Tbsp. pesto homemade or store bought
- salt and pepper
- monterey jack cheese can use other kinds too! This is what I had on hand
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cut cheese into 4 equal chunks and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, pesto and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Be sure not to over-mix.
- Shape the beef into 8 thin patties. Take a piece of cheese and sandwich it between two thin patties and then seal the edges to make one patty, making sure the cheese is completely hidden inside the patty. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese, until you have four cheese-filled patties.
- Grill burgers on pre-heated grill until cooked through. Serve on buns and enjoy!