I’m baaaack!! And like I promised, I’m sharing another pesto recipe for you to drool over. 🙂 Oh, did you see my post over at Ma Nouvelle Mode? I shared 12 “Skinny” Dessert recipes – go check it out!!
Anyway, before he left I was on this big pesto kick. I have a huge confession to make: I was afraid of the grill! If there’s ever a recipe that involved grilling, I always made my husband do it! Well, he was still at work when I threw these patties together so I put on my big-girl pants and grilled these babies all by myself! And you know what? It was SO EASY! So my husband has been de-throned as the BBQ king and now I’m not just on a pesto kick, but a grill kick, too! Lol! You’ll be seeing many more grilled blog posts from me from now on!
These burgers are flavorful and juicy. If you’re having a July 4th barbecue, they’re the perfect thing to serve! It’ll look like you slaved for hours preparing them but really they’re super quick to put together and they taste like a restaurant burger! Your guests will be impressed!
- 1 pound ground beef I used 85% lean sirloin
- 3-4 Tbsp. pesto homemade or store bought
- salt and pepper
- monterey jack cheese can use other kinds too! This is what I had on hand
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cut cheese into 4 equal chunks and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, pesto and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Be sure not to over-mix.
- Shape the beef into 8 thin patties. Take a piece of cheese and sandwich it between two thin patties and then seal the edges to make one patty, making sure the cheese is completely hidden inside the patty. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese, until you have four cheese-filled patties.
- Grill burgers on pre-heated grill until cooked through. Serve on buns and enjoy!
[email protected] says
I am loving the pesto and cheese right in there! Huge pesto fan….as for the cheese, I’m from Wisconsin. Enough said.
Sara Howe says
These look so good! I’m all about a good burger. Sara @ http://sarahowe.blogspot.com
Andi G. says
Another great recipe, Jen! I love cheese-stuffed burgers but wouldn’t have thought to use pesto. Great idea!
I love pesto SO much. These are awesome!
Yum! Pesto is awesome, so easy to make and packed with flavor. This Pesto Burger looks delicious! Great pics Jen. 🙂
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats
Shawna Williams says
This looks so good and easy, great recipe to give a lot of flavor.
Tumbleweed Contessa says
Great idea to add the Pesto flavor. I’d love it if you came to share at my burger bash: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/burger-bash-for-the-4th/ Best wishes for tasty dishes!
[email protected] Busy and Hungry! says
Hi, I followed you over here from Totally Tasty Tuesdays. I love the idea of a stuffed burger! And you can’t go wrong with pesto, especially homemade. This is going on my must-try list, and I am pinning it too!
If you get a chance, stop over to Tasty Tuesdays link party I am co-hosting this week. I would love to see you there! http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/2013/07/02/tasty-tuesdays-link-party-2/
CJ Huang says
What a great idea! Pesto + cheese stuffed burger – I’m thinking this is the kind of food to be eating on the fourth. 🙂
Karyn - Pint Sized Baker says
Yumm-o! Sounds perfect for summer grillin’! Pinned! Thanks for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday!