Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is an easy dinner recipe, cooked in one pan. Just layer in a casserole dish and bake. A great comfort food dinner for the whole family! (Thanks Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.)
What do you eat for Christmas dinner every year? My family didn’t have Christmas dinner traditions when I was a kid. My mom would ask us all, “what do you want for Christmas dinner this year?” and so every year it was different. One year was chili, one year was clam chowder, and another memorable dinner was chicken cordon bleu.
My mom always set the nice dining table with our good china and silverware, so the dinner was always special, no matter what we were eating. Now that I’m a mom, I approach Christmas dinner about the same way. If I’m in the mood for something other than the typical turkey, I’ll make that instead.
I’m also a firm believer in EASY dinners. In order to maintain my sanity, I need easy. That’s one of the reasons why I like casseroles so much. Say what you want to about casseroles, but I’m a fan. Especially ones that don’t require me to get any other dishes dirty, except for the casserole dish. Score!
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is one of the easiest ever. You just layer the ingredients in one dish, cover with foil and bake. It’s so delicious! So delicious, I might even be making it for Christmas dinner this year! 😉
For my Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, I used Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken. I love the individual packaging! It makes it so easy to use what you need and freeze the rest without dealing with plastic baggies, etc.
Foster Farms is in every grocery store around me and I’m super happy about that! Why? Because all Foster Farms fresh chicken products sold in California are locally grown in California! Plus, the prices are always low. 😉
Foster Farms has been producing locally grown poultry since its founding 76 years ago. The chicken is delivered fresh from local ranches in 48 hours or less. Some chicken brands are trucked from across the country, which could take up to a week to reach the West Coast. Yuck. Plus, all Foster Farms fresh chicken products are American Humane Certified.
Whatever you have for Christmas dinner, I hope it’s delicious and I hope you get the chance to try this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole! Happy Holidays!
- 4 cups cornflakes, crushed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (I used the powdered kind)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2½ lbs. Foster Farms chicken, cut into tenders
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 (10.5-oz) can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine crushed cornflakes, parmesan cheese and butter (I crushed my cornflakes in a large plastic baggie and then added the cheese and butter to it and tossed to combine). Place about ⅔ of the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish, pressing down to create a sort of crust.
- Top with chicken pieces in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and green onions to the top of the chicken. Lay the pieces of ham evenly to cover the mushrooms.
- Mix soup, broth and yogurt with a whisk in a medium sized bowl. Pour over ham.
- Top with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture. Cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Take off foil and cook for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Looking for some more yummy chicken dinner recipes? Try these:
(This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.)