Check out this yummy salad bowl recipe full of grilled chicken, cooked quinoa, kale salad mix, fresh raspberries, sliced almonds, feta cheese, green beans and a homemade basil vinaigrette. Yum! (This conversation is sponsored by Earthbound Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.)
I went on the best family vacation of my life. My husband had 10 glorious days off of work. TEN! I hardly worked out and ate like a pig most of the time.
I came back to reality and then stepped on the scale. Remind me never to weigh myself. ever. again. So yeah, it’s back to drinking a million gallons of water every day (I hate water) and eating salads with lunch and dinner (not a salad person).
But what’s this I share with you today? Yep that, my friends, is a salad. But it’s the best salad I think I’ve probably ever had in my entire life. Why? Because it’s a salad bowl.
Salad Bowl recipes are the best salad recipes EVER. Where have these been all my life?! I mean, seriously though. I love how you can layer a bunch of ingredients into one salad bowl, drizzle with a little dressing and BAM. A salad that’s pretty and tastes good too. Win-win!
I made a quick and easy basil vinaigrette to drizzle over the whole salad. It’s full of flavor and really simple to make. I mixed mine in the Vitamix and that was it. One step and it’s done.
I marinated my chicken in a fast 3-ingredient marinade for about 15 minutes and then grilled it and sliced it up. The marinade really tenderizes the meat and gives it lots of flavor. Plus I’m obsessed with grilling. It’s so easy and the clean up is always quick. Feel free to skip this step and pan-sear your chicken or use rotisserie chicken if you’d like.
As for the rest of the salad, I added some cooked quinoa, fresh raspberries, sliced almonds, feta cheese, green beans and Earthbound Farm Organic Kale Italia salad mix.
Let me first say, I’m a huge Earthbound Farm fan. I love all their fresh, organic salad mixes. The Kale Italia is the newest of the Deep Green Blends and it is awesome. It’s a combination of mildly bitter baby kale, gently peppery baby arugula, bold mizuna and ruby red radicchio.
It pairs perfectly in this salad bowl recipe! I love the different flavors the greens bring out in the basil vinaigrette and the other yummy parts of the bowl. This is a healthy, filling meal that you and your scale can feel good about! 😉
Wanna try Earthbound Farm Organic Kale Italia salad mix for yourself? Grab a coupon HERE to save some money now. Enjoy!
Quick & Easy Chicken Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp. dry Italian seasoning mix
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut into tenders
Basil Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt & pepper
- Earthbound Farm Kale Italia Mix
- 1/4 lb. fresh green beans with the ends trimmed
- sliced almonds
- reduced fat feta cheese
- cooked quinoa
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a large plastic bag and add chicken. Let sit on the counter while you prepare dressing and green beans.
- Dressing: Blend the dressing ingredients above into a good blender or food processor. Blend until mixed and fully combined.
- Boil 2 inches of water in a medium sized pan. Salt the water and add the green beans. Cook for about 4 mins (until crisp-tender), rinse and soak in ice water until cooled. Drain and set aside.
- Grill chicken (or can use either grill pan or cook on stove-top if you don't want to grill), using extra marinade to brush chicken with. Grill until internal temperature registers 160º. Set aside for a few minutes. Then slice into thin slices or cubes.
- In your salad bowl, create a pie effect (like pictures show) by adding cooked quinoa, raspberries, sliced almonds, feta cheese, cooled green beans, chicken and Earthbound Farm Kale Italia greens in "pie slices" around the bowl.
- Drizzle with basil dressing, serve and enjoy!
If you liked this salad, you might like these too:
17 Healthy Salad Recipes you Need to Try:
This conversation is sponsored by Earthbound Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.
Joshua Hampton says
What a lovely salad bowl. I love how the raspberries give the bowl a bright pop of color there.