I can’t believe it’s already November! How in the world did this year go by so fast?!With the recent end of daylight savings time, it starts getting dark around 4:30pm. This means I have four boys that are basically stuck inside the house from 4:30 until bedtime. The last thing I want to be doing during those hours with my confined and energetic boys is cooking dinner! So in order to not get stuck in the kitchen for an hour cooking, I’m always on the look out for easy dinner ideas that don’t take very long to whip up.
My husband and I are adventurous eaters and love trying out new foods. My boys are surprisingly adventurous, too, but really love Italian food. We like to take them out for an Italian dinner but it can get expensive and chaotic. In order to save money (and my sanity) I often make Italian food at home for them. I tend to stick to the easy Italian basics like spaghetti, which can get a little boring.
When I saw these all-natural Spinach and Cheese Ravioli from Monterey Gourmet Foods, I knew I found a solution to my dinner problems. A quick and healthy meal for my kids and I look like a rockstar mom that went the extra mile. Winner winner, ravioli dinner!
This Creamy Baked Ravioli is full of flavor and short on time. The sauce is deliciously creamy. The ravioli just melts in your mouth. My boys had no clue the ravioli were filled with fresh spinach and they devoured them. Your family will love them too!
The coolest thing about Monterey Gourmet Foods is the wide variety of products they have. Feeling like Italian tonight? Whip up an Italian-inspired dinner of ravioli or rigatoni. Feeling like Korean food? Quickly pan sear some of their amazing chicken dumplings. They even have Polish-inspired Pierogis, too!
All of the Monterey Gourmet Foods are perfect for entertaining. Why? Because they cook up quickly so you can serve your company and not spend your time cooking. They use only the highest quality ingredients so you know you’re feeding your loved ones the finest. Best of all, they taste amazing! Monterey Gourmet Foods brings the world to your table, one delicious plate at a time.
- 1 (16-oz) package Monterey Foods Fresh Spinach and Cheese Ravioli
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Pour a small amount of oil in an 8x8 inch baking dish and swirl so the bottom is covered.
- Boil a large pot of water and place ravioli carefully in the water, letting them cook for about 2-3 minutes or just until tender. Carefully drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk the marinara sauce and cream cheese in a large bowl. Add in the parsley and thyme.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with ravioli. Spoon some sauce over the top and a light sprinkle of cheese. Repeat layers until all the ravioli and sauce is used. Cover the top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes. Carefully spoon onto plates, sprinkle ravioli with a little extra parmesan and chopped parsley and enjoy!