Those of you that know me, know that I LOVE chocolate. It’s one of my major downfalls. Chocolate and Diet Coke. Obsessed.
Anyway, what’s better than chocolate?? LOW FAT chocolate!!! These cookies are super yummy and low fat! They have zero butter, only egg whites, a little canola oil and applesauce.
I know what you’re thinking: “I’ve already tried cookies with applesauce and they’re not that good” – well hold up a second cuz you gotta give these cookies a try! They’re pretty darn good. After
I eat all my kids Halloween candy my kids get sick of their Halloween candy, these will be a great healthier, low fat treat. 😉 And to be honest, I probably ate 4 cookies worth of the dough because it was so ridiculously good! Try ’em out today and let me know what you think!
Low Fat Chocolate Cookies:
Printable Recipe HERE
- 2-2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium bowl with electric mixer, blend the brown and granulated sugars. Slowly beat in the oil. Beat in the applesauce, egg whites and vanilla and blend on low until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and blend on low speed until the dough is just combined. Refrigerate the dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips then bake for 17-19 minutes – do not overbake! When the cookies cool, they will harden some. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool and then ENJOY!!
Yield: Approx. 2-1/2 dozen Recipe by Mrs. Fields