Use up that summer zucchini and satisfy your sweet tooth with this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. An easy quick bread everyone will rave over!
Every couple weeks, I get this hankering (is that a word?) for a loaf of quick bread. It’s no secret I’m the carb queen. I love me some bread. But I think quick breads are even better than regular bread. Not only do they live up to their name of being “quick” and take little time to whip together but they’re sweet, comforting, and satisfy your sweet tooth.
I love this recipe because it has double the chocolate. Chocolate chips and melted chocolate both folded into the batter. I really like that it’s not made with cocoa powder but melted unsweetened chocolate. It gives this chocolate zucchini bread bread more of a light, real chocolate flavor.
And then there’s zucchini. It’s like a penny a pound at the grocery stores these days. Okay, I’m being sarcastic but really it’s always on sale and screaming “buy me, buy me!” whenever I walk by it in the produce aisle. If I was cool, I’d be growing some in my yard like a lot of my friends but sadly, I can’t keep even one of those little basil plants you buy, alive. I have a hideous black thumb.
It’s kinda cool to sneak a veggie into something chocolatey and my kids have no clue. Muahaha! And it makes me feel better when I eat ten slices because of course it’s filled with vegetables! 😉
Side Note: One of my favorite ways to find new recipes is on Yummly. Have you checked it out yet? It’s basically a big catalog online of recipes with thumbnail pictures for you to peruse. You can save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box so you can get to them whenever you want. Your favorite recipes all in one spot! Start your very own recipe box and yum my recipes by hitting that cute YUM button on the top left side! I also have my very own page HERE on Yummly where you can find all of my recipes.
- 2 1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini about two zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Microwave chocolate until melted, stirring occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- Grate zucchini and place on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, Truvia or sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and melted chocolate. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter equally into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes and then dump out carefully onto cooling rack.