I am in denial that it’s already mid-April. Where in heavens name, did the last few months go?! It’s just about time to celebrate Easter!
I am so excited for Easter this year because my two youngest are actually going to understand what’s going on. They’re 3 & 4 now and are totally into dying Easter eggs, Easter egg hunts, the Easter bunny, you name it. I love this age and can’t wait to celebrate with them!
One tradition I’m really excited about, though, is Easter brunch! I always cook a big meal that usually includes ham, homemade rolls, and my Mom’s potato casserole. Everyone always raves about this potato casserole. It’s usually the first thing gone out of the whole brunch menu!
It’s one of those things that’s super easy to make but just tastes so darn delicious. The reason this casserole is so easy is because you don’t actually have to cook any potatoes.
Nope. Just grab a bag of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes the next time you’re shopping at Walmart. Mix them in (frozen!) with a few other easy ingredients, bake and serve! #OreIdaHashBrown
I grew up eating this potato casserole and now I make it for my family. I’m ALL about easy and I love that I can run to the store and buy a bag of yummy Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes instead of loading up on potatoes, peeling them, cooking them and then shredding them. The hard work is already done for you!
And that means I get to spend more time with my family. Which is super important – especially on Easter! I can’t wait to make this potato casserole for our Easter brunch again this year!
What recipes do you like making with Ore-Ida? #CollectiveBias
Easy Potato Casserole for Easter BrunchPrint Pin Rate
- 1 30-oz bag Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 10.75-oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 16-oz container sour cream
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 tsp. salt more if needed
- 1/2 tsp. pepper more if needed
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese + some for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 2 or 2.5 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray and heat onions until softened. Add to bowl (can add them without cooking, if desired).
- Add in coconut oil, salt, pepper and cheese to hash brown mixture. Stir well.
- Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle with a little cheese. Cover pan with tin foil. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes and then take foil off for five minutes to melt cheese on top.