Easy Tostada Pizza is a fun cross between a taco, pizza and a tostada! Yummy, quick & easy dinner for any night of the week!
“Mom, what’s for dinner?”
I hear that phrase every. single. night. Sometimes just to be funny, I’ll tell my boys “I don’t know. What are you making?” Ha!
No, but really I’m the only one that cooks in my house. It doesn’t bother me but sometimes I struggle on coming up with something easy to prepare.
When I was a kid, my mom used to make this tostada pizza. I always loved when she made it for dinner. It’s such a great staple dish that’s easy and delicious. It’s a fun cross between a taco, pizza and a tostada.
It has a crust made from Bisquick baking mix, then a layer of refried beans and a layer of cooked beef or turkey with chilies and taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, add some cheese and then slice it like a pizza pie. You can add whatever toppings you like – my boys like the veggies on the side. 🙂
One of the best things about this recipe is that you probably already have most of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry! So tonight when you hear the dreaded “What’s for dinner?” phrase, you can quickly say – Tostada Pizza!! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
Easy Tostada Pizza Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 2 c. Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 4-oz can green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or about 2 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
- 1 15.5-oz can refried beans (I use fat free)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings such as: shredded lettuce tomatoes and green onions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Combine Bisquick and cold water in a small bowl. Pat out mixture onto bottom of pizza pan until uniformly covered and flattened out. (Or roll the Bisquick mixture out into a circle on a flat surface and transfer to pizza pan) Crimp edges up and poke a few times with a fork.
- Brown meat; drain any fat. Add 3/4 cup water, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread beans on dough. Top with meat mixture. Bake 20 minutes. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted. Cut like a pizza and serve with or without toppings. ENJOY!