Easy Tostada Pizza is a fun cross between a taco, pizza and a tostada! Yummy, quick & easy dinner for any night of the week!
“Mom, what’s for dinner?”
I hear that phrase every. single. night. Sometimes just to be funny, I’ll tell my boys “I don’t know. What are you making?” Ha!
No, but really I’m the only one that cooks in my house. It doesn’t bother me but sometimes I struggle on coming up with something easy to prepare.
When I was a kid, my mom used to make this tostada pizza. I always loved when she made it for dinner. It’s such a great staple dish that’s easy and delicious. It’s a fun cross between a taco, pizza and a tostada.
It has a crust made from Bisquick baking mix, then a layer of refried beans and a layer of cooked beef or turkey with chilies and taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, add some cheese and then slice it like a pizza pie. You can add whatever toppings you like – my boys like the veggies on the side. 🙂
One of the best things about this recipe is that you probably already have most of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry! So tonight when you hear the dreaded “What’s for dinner?” phrase, you can quickly say – Tostada Pizza!! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
- 2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 2 c. Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 4-oz can green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or about 2 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
- 1 15.5-oz can refried beans (I use fat free)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings such as: shredded lettuce tomatoes and green onions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Combine Bisquick and cold water in a small bowl. Pat out mixture onto bottom of pizza pan until uniformly covered and flattened out. (Or roll the Bisquick mixture out into a circle on a flat surface and transfer to pizza pan) Crimp edges up and poke a few times with a fork.
- Brown meat; drain any fat. Add 3/4 cup water, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread beans on dough. Top with meat mixture. Bake 20 minutes. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted. Cut like a pizza and serve with or without toppings. ENJOY!
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? Check these out:
Slow Cooker Turkey & Lentil Sloppy Joe’s
madge | the vegetarian casserole queen says
Hi Jen! Very clever recipe your mom made! Tostadas are so yummy…I have to give this a try. Pinning…
Michelle's Tasty Creations says
This looks delicious and is right up my alley! I can’t wait to try this recipe. Pinned!
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
Pinned. Found you via Foodie Friends Friday. Now following through GFC, FB and Pinterest. Have a great weekend!
Miz Helen says
We would just love your Tostada Pizza, it looks awesome. Thank you so much for celebrating TWO YEARS with FULL PLATE THURSDAY, I appreciate your visit!
Come Back Soon
I love these kinds of recipes. =)
Im following you on Pinterest, GFC and Bloglovin, Im going to pin this recipe for sure!
Cindy Kerschner says
Cool pizza Jen. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday. Thanks for linking back and please come back and vote for your favorites on Sunday!
I think my kids would love this. I found it on Mandy’s Recipe Box’s link party.
Melissa Whitcher says
This looks great! Thank you so much for making this part of Redfly Creation’s recipe collection.
I saw your recipe featured on The Thriftiness Miss. This looks delicious!! Pinning 😉
– Brenda @ ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com
Chinese restaurant Brisbane says
Tasty, healthy, easy. My 3 favorite combinations! Delicious looking pizza!
Joseph Carr says
I’m going to try this tonight. My family loves pizza, and even when we eat outside, they prefer pizza combined with other side dishes. Your tostada pizza looks delicious even without toppings on it. The melted cheese on top is already enough to make anyone drool. I think adding veggies on top is good to make it a healthy meal for dinner.
Paula Jones says
Yum! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes.
Pinned to the party board ~ Paula
very informative info http://urhun.com/
Savannah McQueen says
Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes. I have featured you today.
[email protected] says
Great use for ground turkey! We love all foods Mexican….so this is right on for us!!
I seriously hate those words. Jordan has them on repeat all day every day. I’d love this for dinner!!
Christie - Food Done Light says
This sounds perfect for a school night. I bet my daughter would love it.
So many easy delicious recipes.
Thank you so much, Dee!