- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2 green onions, top & bottoms cut off and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg plus a splash of milk, beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put ground turkey into a big bowl. Put onion, celery, baby carrots and green onion into a food processor. Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl. Add egg beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
- Next, mix together the barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce in a separate small bowl. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands. Wash up.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Use an ice cream or cookie dough scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin. Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of the extra sauce. Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through or check that the temperature is 170 degrees. Bake until cooked through. Let cool a few minutes before extracting muffins. Serve warm and ENJOY!!
Here’s the BEFORE yumminess going into the oven:
And here’s the AFTER…SO yummy!!
They are fork tender and so delicious! Give them a try and let me know what you think!!