A super easy Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie recipe (also known as cottage pie) that won’t take you long to make and tastes delicious! A comforting meal that’s meat free and fabulous. 🙂 (Thanks to Beyond Meat for sponsoring this post!)
About a year ago, I tagged along to a fundraiser with my husband and one of my older boys, Chance. The fundraiser was called The Sports Spectacular. It was a huge event with a red carpet and some celebrities. They had banquet rooms filled with sports items and memorabilia being auctioned off. Just tons and tons of stuff.
While walking around the rooms, my son (of course) spotted a little food stand. We all walked over and saw that they were giving samples of sloppy joe sandwiches and meatballs. We gave them a try and were pleasantly surprised with how delicious they were. We were shocked to find out that the products we had eaten were completely, 100% meat free. Yep! Meat balls with no meat?!
This was my first introduction to the brand Beyond Meat. I left with a handful of coupons and was so excited to buy some to try at home. I fell in love with this product, you guys! Let me give you a little more info on why this is the best meatless protein product out there.
In a nutshell, meat is: amino acids, fats, carbohydrates and trace minerals, and water. But none of that is exclusive to only animals. Beyond Meat takes those same components from plants and bam. Beyond Meat! Their products are completely plant-based. They are:
- animal fat free
- hormone/antibiotic free
- low environmental impact
- have 10-20 grams protein and tastes like meat!
The plant-based products are designed to enable families around the world to continue to eat what they love—think chili, pasta Bolognese, chicken tenders, and meatball subs—but without the downsides of animal meat. They taste so good, no one in the family will even know they aren’t made with animal meat.
Well, I decided to take that to the test and make my easy Shepard’s pie but swap out the ground beef for Beyond Meat’s Beefy Crumbles. I took a little video to show just what my boys thought of it. Here it is!
Don’t just take mine and my boys’ word for it that Beyond Meat is the future of meat, check out the athletes that have partnered with the brand because they love it too! Athletes from the NBA, WNBA, MLB, AVP, and WSL. They include J.J. Redick, David Wright, Maya Moore, April Ross, Eric Bledsoe, Maggie Vessey, and Tia Blanco. So cool that all of these great athletes are on board with such a great product!
Check out this super cool sweepstakes Beyond Meat is putting on for FIVE lucky fans! You can win prizes ranging from Le Crueset cookware, 3 months of Chef’d meal delivery, a $500 Visa Gift Card, and a chance to watch the athlete partners in action!
Here’s what you need to do:
- You can buy discounted Beyond Meat products with this coupon.
- Secretly substitute a Beyond Meat product in a family-favorite meal. Click to download Beyond Meat product info and some suggested recipes.
- After everyone has enjoyed the meal, reveal to them that the meat they just ate was made from 100% plants! Capture their thoughts, comments, and of course, empty plates and happy faces.
- Post your photos and a recap of the dinner to Instagram or Twitter by 11:00PM PST on 10/31, tagging “@ BeyondMeat” and “#FutureOfProtein.”—this will automatically enter you in the sweepstakes.
- Repeat whenever your family wants to enjoy protein-packed meals without the downsides of animal meat.
Easy Vegetarian Shepard's Pie
- 2 11-oz packages Beyond Meat Beefy Crumble
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 16-oz cans green beans, drained
- 2 1/2 10.75 oz cans condensed tomato soup (no water added, just straight from the can)
- 2-3 cups mashed potatoes instant or homemade (great for using up leftovers!)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a casserole dish or 9x13" dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil and add frozen Beyond Meat Beefy Crumble. Stir until all big pieces are separated and warmed through.
- Add in drained green beans and condensed tomato soup. Stir together and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes. Spread mashed potatoes in an even layer and top with cheese. (Tip: press potatoes against edges of the dish to prevent it from boiling over the sides.)
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted on the top.
- Take out from oven and let sit for a few minutes. Serve up on plates and enjoy! Great served with a side salad!
More meatless dishes you might like 🙂 :
(Thank you to Beyond Meat for sponsoring this post!)