This recipe for fajitas is full of veggies and lean protein. We loaded it onto whole wheat tortillas to add more fiber and it was such a yummy dinner! Even my boys (who usually pick out any peppers) LOVED it and ate all the vegetables! Plus the chicken is tender and delicious. The best part is how EASY it is. Marinate the chicken in an easy marinade before you head out the door to work, etc. Then when you get home, throw the chicken and some sliced up veggies into a skillet and serve when cooked! Soooo tasty, filling and good for you!
FABULOUS CHICKEN FAJITAS:
Printable Version HERE
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Lawry’s (or any brand) seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
1. Make marinade: combine above seven ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours (or as little as two if you’re running short on time).
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup red and/or green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup onion, sliced into strips
- 1 cup tomato, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
2. In a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Saute chicken (discarding marinade) until just cooked. Add green pepper and onion. Continue cooking until crisp-tender.
3. Add tomato and salsa and simmer one minute longer until heated through. Serve immediately in warmed flour tortillas. Top with additional salsa, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, etc. ENJOY!!