Freezer Breakfast Burritos are the best make-ahead breakfast! Fix up a batch (so easy) and throw in the freezer. When you’re rushed in the morning, throw a freezer breakfast burrito in the microwave and you’re out the door with a healthy breakfast in minutes! (Thanks Johnsonville for sponsoring this post!)
I commit one of the worst health “sins” almost every day. I’m a breakfast skipper! 😉
I’m so bad about eating breakfast! At around 10:30 am, I remember that I haven’t eaten and will shovel down a protein bar. It’s not that I’m not hungry, but that I’m so busy packing lunches, working out, carting my boys off to three different schools… the last thing I have time for is making a healthy breakfast and sitting down to eat it!
If you’re nodding your head in agreement, then say hello to your new favorite breakfast: Freezer Breakfast Burritos!
Just make a batch of burritos and stick them in the freezer. They’re incredibly easy to make!
First you cut up one package of Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage (I used the turkey kind) and heat it in a skillet for a few minutes. Add some beaten eggs, salt & pepper and green chilies. Stir until cooked.
Pour about a half cup of the egg mixture onto a warmed flour tortilla. I like to make a line going down the center of the tortilla. Then add a sprinkling of cheese and roll up.
I’ve gotten pretty good at folding these little guys, it’s really easy. Tuck the outer edges in first (above) and then using your thumbs, roll the tortilla up and over the eggs and tucked edges. Place the seam down and press down so the burrito doesn’t roll over.
Repeat that method until the egg mixture is gone, placing the burritos seam side down on a baking sheet. You should get about ten burritos, depending on how large your tortillas are, how much egg you eat before rolling them up, etc. 😉
Now take each burrito and wrap in wax paper. Place inside a large freezer bag and put in the freezer on a flat surface.
When you’re ready to eat one, pull a freezer breakfast burrito out of the baggie and throw it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (keeping the wax paper on), until the burrito is heated through the middle. Serve with salsa or other toppings or just by itself! Enjoy!
I really love the flavor of these breakfast burritos. I’m a HUGE egg fan and will eat eggs several times a week. They’re such a great source of protein and keep me full for hours.
But the real star of these burritos is the Johnsonville Fully Cooked Sausage. The sausage is so delicious! They take only a few minutes to heat up on the stove. There are a variety of flavors and spices already in them, meaning more flavor from the start and saving time in the kitchen. Did you notice I didn’t have to season the eggs with anything except a little salt and pepper? The sausage really adds the flavor to these freezer breakfast burritos!
- 1 (9.6 oz) package Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage, sliced into ¼" circles
- 12 eggs
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 10+ flour torillas
- shredded cheese, any kind
- Heat up sliced sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Cover and stir constantly until heated through about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs into a bowl. Whisk and add in salt and pepper.
- Pour chilies onto sausage and stir. Add in eggs and stir until cooked. (I like to use a spatula and turn to cook the runny parts and then break the large pieces up.)
- Heat tortillas in a wet paper towel for 15 seconds or until just warm. Place a heaping ½ cup into the middle of the tortilla, making a line down the center.
- Tuck the outer edges in first and then using your thumbs, roll the bottom of the tortilla up and over the eggs and tucked edges. Roll and place the seam down and press the top down so the burrito stays put.
- Repeat that method until the egg mixture is gone, placing the burritos seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Now take each burrito and wrap in wax paper. Place inside a large freezer bag and put in the freezer on a flat surface.
- When ready to eat, pull one burrito out of the freezer and throw in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until the burrito is heated through the middle.
- Serve with salsa or other toppings or just enjoy by itself! Happy Breakfast! 😉
Liked this recipe? You might like these breakfast recipes too:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.