Confession: I’m not one of those people who like to go all out for every holiday. I wish I was that cool mom that made fun holiday-related treats or decorated the whole house for every single holiday. Honestly, I’m just too busy and the thought of doing it makes my head spin!
So I choose a few of my favorites and do a little something for my kids to celebrate. This month we have TWO pretty big holidays – St. Patrick’s Day and Easter! Both are such fun holidays because a) I’m Irish and love St. Patrick’s Day and b) Easter is the funnest with all the Easter egg hunts!
Since St. Patrick’s Day is first, I’m super excited to be sharing this fun fruit rainbow today! Although you could totally make this for Easter, too! Rainbows are so cute!!! I can’t help myself with rainbow food! I’ll be making this for my youngest’s preschool St. Paddy’s Day celebration. I think I’ll make it more of a half-oval shape and put the lemon dip at the ends of the rainbow as the “pot of gold”. Won’t that be fun?!
I’m usually not a lemon fan but this lemon dip is SO yummy! It only has 4 ingredients and takes minutes to whip up. You will adore this fruit rainbow dipped in the creamy lemon dip. The lemon goes perfectly with the fruit!
Whether you’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day or any ‘ol day of the week, this fruit rainbow with lemon dip will be a hit!
- red grapes
- blueberries or blackberries
- sliced kiwis
- pineapple, cut into chunks
- oranges, sliced
- strawberries, quartered
- 1 package instant lemon pudding (either the 1-oz sugar-free or the 3.4-oz regular)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 (5.3-oz) container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup lite whipped topping*
- To make Fruit Rainbow: layer grapes, then blackberries or blueberries on top of the grapes. Then add kiwis on top, Then pineapple, oranges and lastly, strawberries.
- To make Lemon Dip: Mix the pudding with milk and whisk. Add in yogurt and whisk.
- Fold in whipped topping until incorporated. Serve with fruit rainbow. Enjoy!