Easy, fluffy and delicious Funfetti Pancakes from scratch! These are perfect for celebrating someone special’s Birthday…or just because!Today is a special day. My youngest son turns 3! Happy Birthday Tate! For almost one month, I have not one, but TWO 3 year olds!!!
When my third little boy, Brock was only 3 months old, I had my husband’s family over 4th of July weekend. I remember I had been cooking and then was cleaning up the kitchen and I just could not cool down. I felt sick and hot. My mother in law looked at me and said, “you’re not pregnant, are you?” I laughed so hard at that! I have a 3 month old! NO WAY!!!
Then the next day, we all went to lunch at one of my favorite spots, BJ’s Pizza. I ordered my favorite pepperoni & olive mini pizza with a side salad. I couldn’t finish either. Those that know me, know that’s not normal, haha!
As we were leaving the pizza place, I told my husband I had a sneaking suspicion that I was pregnant. Needless to say, I was freaking out a little bit. Okay, a lot. When we got home, I took a pregnancy test and lo and behold, it was positive.
At the time, we lived in a tiny 2 bedroom condo with my two older boys and my three month old. We would have to move. And how was my body going to handle back to back pregnancies? I mean, the list of concerns went on and on.
But when I saw my first ultrasound and found out that everything was okay, I relaxed a bit. I could do this. I’ve been through some tough stuff in my life, and I can handle a lot.
Boy, am I grateful that this little sweetheart is in our family!! I can’t imagine life without him! He is so SO smart, loving, and fun. He is the toughest out of all my boys and has a killer smile with amazing dimples on his cheeks and chin! I cherish how he calls me “mama” and his silly, fun attitude. I love him with all my heart and am so happy he’s mine! I can’t believe he’s already three!
In celebration of his big day, I’m making him these funfetti pancakes! He LOVES pancakes! These are fluffy and moist. Plus they’re super cute with the sprinkles in them! Perfect to celebrate a birthday, or just because. Happy Birthday Taters!!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk with 1 Tbsp. vinegar mixed in)
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 Tbsp. melted and cooled coconut oil or unsalted butter
- ¼ cup jimmies sprinkles
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk to a separate bowl and whisk in egg white. Mix egg yolk in with coconut oil or butter and add to the buttermilk mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with whisk. Stir in jimmies.
- Heat griddle and spray with cooking spray. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into circles on hot griddle. Flip when bubbles start to appear on top. Serve with light whipped cream, powdered sugar or syrup. Enjoy!