But there’s one cookie that really floats my boat. Ginger cookies, gingersnaps, ginger crinkles…whatever you want to call them, they are my favorite! I’m sort of picky and only like the ones that are soft and chewy, not the hard crispy ones you buy in those boxes at the store. 😉
This recipe for ginger crinkles is my absolute favorite. I got the recipe from my cousin and make them just about every holiday season and during the other times of the year, too. Not only is the recipe super simple to throw together, but they taste absolutely amazing! Full of ginger and spices. Soft and chewy middles with just the tiniest of crispy edges.
They come out perfect every single time. This is such a foolproof recipe, even if you aren’t an experienced baker, you can make these. If you know how to measure ingredients, you can make these and they will turn out fantastic every time!
They’re one of the best cookies to make during the holidays. Put some of these into your holiday gift boxes, and your neighbors and kids’ teachers will love you!
Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted (or canola oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix oil and sugar together until combined.
- Add egg and beat well. Stir in molasses.
- Blend in dry ingredients until just mixed. Roll into 1 " balls and then drop in a bowl of sugar to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove and cool on wire rack. Cookies will flatten and crinkle. Enjoy!
Now to the real reason you’re here today. Free stuff!! Some friends and I are giving away a $250 gift card to the amazing Minted.com!
Have you ever ordered holiday cards from Minted? I do. Every year. You guys – my favorite of all favorite places to buy cards. There are tons and tons of styles, colors, papers to choose from, layouts, you name it. The quality has always been excellent and I’ve been happy with my cards every single time.
I would recommend Minted.com to any and every one. They are that good! Now, hurry and enter the giveaway below so you can order your own Minted holiday cards with your free $250 credit!