I have fallen in love.
First, it was with these individually packaged, marinated Perdue Farms Perfect Portions boneless skinless chicken breasts. And then it was with this Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza that I made using those chicken breasts. 🙂
I don’t easily fall in love. You have to seriously convince me. Guys, I kid you not when I say these Mesquite Grille Seasoned little beauties below are so delicious. Not only are they individually packaged (super easy clean up!) but they’re sealed in the most flavorful seasoning mix ever.
My house gets crazy during the summer, with all my boys running around. My older boys usually have a friend or two over and sometimes they stay for dinner.
These individually packaged chicken breasts make it so easy to grab a few extra packages and throw on the grill for those nights when I have a few extra mouths to feed. Oh, and they cook in only 10 minutes! Isn’t that awesome?!
The mesquite flavor is delicious and the chicken is fork tender. Literally, you can cut it with a fork. There is nothing that you need to do to this chicken but throw it on the grill and then serve. It’s that good. We eat it all the time with a simple side salad and it’s the perfect healthy dinner.
Of course my foodie brain started thinking of ways I could use this awesome chicken, and I had this idea to add it to a grilled pizza. I have a fabulous crust recipe that I love using on the grill that’s a no-rise, quick pizza dough.
First I grilled three Perdue Farms Perfect Portions Mesquite Grille Seasoned chicken breasts. Those only take about 3-4 minutes per side. Awesome! Whip up a quick pizza crust, top it with the cooked chicken, a little barbecue sauce, red onion, cilantro and mozzarella cheese and you have an amazing, quick, easy and delicious dinner the whole family will love! I know mine did – I made this two nights in a row this weekend!
Because the chicken is already seasoned, there’s not much you need to do to this pizza. It’s delicious in its simplicity. 🙂
Perdue Farms is one of a kind. It’s a family-owned and operated company started in the 1920’s and has been run by three generations. They are one of the most trusted names in food and agricultural products.
The chicken are raised cage-free and are fed an all-vegetarian diet, with no hormones or steroids. This chicken is high-quality, pure and delicious. I feed it to my family because I trust in the name and know that they’re getting the best products out there!
Now that I’ve shared my favorite pizza recipe, tell me what your favorite kind of pizza is!
Grilled BBQ Chicken PizzaPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4- oz package dry active yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Grille Seasoned Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce + plus a little more for spreading on crust
- about 1/2 red onion super thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 - 1 cup finely shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water in a measuring cup, let rest for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly spray grill with cooking spray. Place 3 Perdue Perfect Portion chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- While chicken is cooking, combine the flour and salt in a medium sized bowl. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture. Add the olive oil, mix well. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. You do NOT need to let this dough rise!
- Take two long pieces of tin foil and lay overlapping each other to make a large square. Spray with cooking spray. Press or roll dough out into a large circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Spray the top of the dough with cooking spray. Holding each end of the foil, carefully place on the grill (with the foil on the bottom). Close grill lid. Cook for a couple minutes, until the bottom of the crust is how you like it. I like to rotate mine if I can because some spots in my grill get hotter than others.
- While the crust is cooking, chop cooked chicken breasts into cubes. Mix with barbecue sauce.
- When crust is lightly browned, carefully flip it over (I use two spatulas). Squirt a little barbecue sauce on the crust and spread with a spatula. Pour sauce covered chopped chicken and spread out evenly on the pizza.
- Give it a nice sprinkle of cheese, then lay out the red onions. Add the cilantro and another little sprinkle of cheese. Close lid and let cook until cheese has melted and it's heated through.
- Carefully pull foil off grill and place on flat surface. Slice up into pizza slices and enjoy!