Don’t put that grill away after dinner! Throw some peaches on and let them caramelize with brown sugar, then fill them with yogurt. This healthy & easy grilled peaches dessert will blow your mind! (Thanks to Truvia for sponsoring this post!)
A couple weeks ago, I got to attend this fun little grilling event in Los Angeles. I was shown how to grill the perfect burger on those new darling Weber Q1200 grills! It was a blast and I learned some valuable tips on grilling meat.
But what I didn’t expect to learn, was how you can cook a million other things on your grill. Have you ever grilled an avocado? Yeah, me either until then. 😉 Practically anything can be grilled – even dessert!
So I decided to try it out for myself. I bought some fresh peaches and raspberries from my local farmers market. I pulled out my Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, and some yogurt and got started.
I preheated my grill then cut my peaches in half and took out the pits. Then I brushed the peaches with a little melted butter and placed the skin side on the preheated grill. I cooked that side for about 4-5 minutes. Then I flipped it over to the flesh side and cooked for a few minutes and then carefully pulled the fruit up and sprinkled with Truvia Brown Sugar Blend and placed back on the grill. In just another minute, the brown sugar caramelizes and transforms the peach to become the most delicious dessert you’ve ever had.
The brown sugar gives the fruit such a delicious caramelized yumminess. I love the grill marks on the fruit. I kid you not, these peaches are one of my favorite desserts. They are insanely delicious. The flavor the grill brings out is wonderful! Juicy, flavorful, healthy and so easy to clean up! No dishes that need to be cleaned. Booyah!
- 2 peaches
- 2 tsp. melted butter
- 2-4 tsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- ¼ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the grill to medium-low heat. Cut the peaches in half and take out the pits.
- Brush the peaches with the melted butter and place the skin side on the preheated grill.
- Cooked that side for about 4-5 minutes. Then flip it over to the flesh side and cook for a few minutes, until it's starting to get tender.
- Carefully pull the fruit up and sprinkle the flesh with Truvia Brown Sugar Blend and place back on the grill.
- Wait about another minute, until the brown sugar caramelizes and then gently pull off the grill and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with a scoop of yogurt inside and an extra sprinkle of brown sugar on top. I like to eat with a few raspberries as well. Enjoy!