I have four boys. They are obsessed with disgusting things.
It’s true! Like certain body parts (you know exactly which ones I’m talking about).
Don’t forget certain bodily functions (nose-picking is a favorite). And just about any disgusting thing like mud, bugs, boogers or creepy things like eyeballs.
Okay, maybe they’re not obsessed with eyeballs…but still.
They obsessed over these fun peanut butter truffle Halloween eyeballs. Especially my 10-year old. Boys are weird! The grosser the better.
But these eyeballs? They’re the opposite of gross. They’re delish! Full of a creamy peanut butter mixture and covered in white chocolate. My guys got a kick out of decorating their own creepy eyeballs.
But their favorite part was for sure eating them.
Their response: “I’m eating a zombie eyeball! Awesome!”
Yeah, they liked them. I’ll definitely be making another batch soon, these were gone way too fast! Happy early Halloween!
- 3¾ c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick soft butter
- melted white chocolate, for dipping
- blue, green, black and red gel tube icing
- Mix together sugar, peanut butter and butter with a mixer until well blended.
- Shape into "eye" sized balls. Be sure they're smooth!
- Heat chocolate in double broiler (or get the Candiquik kind you can melt in the microwave). Dip eyeballs in to coat. Let cool and dry on wax paper.
- Using gel tube icing, make iris and pupils. Use toothpicks and red gel icing (or food coloring) to make veins on eyeballs. Serve and enjoy!