Sometimes I am such a dork. I geek out on the weirdest things (or so my older boys tell me, 😉 ).
I have been dying to make breakfast cookies for forever but just never got around to it for whatever reason. Well, I finally made some and holy breakfast awesomeness! They are amazing! I messed around with the recipe until it was just perfect and I LOVE them!!!
When they were coming out of the oven, I was singing and dancing around the kitchen, I was so thrilled! My two little guys were watching me like I’d gone crazy. Ha!
But can you blame me?! Breakfast cookies are just about the most amazing thing since sliced bread. I mean, first of all – it’s a cookie. Secondly, it’s a cookie for breakfast. Case closed.
From now on? Cookies for breakfast.
These little cuties have no added oil or butter, they have fruit (banana and raisins) and healthy proteins and fiber. They taste like a dessert cookie, meaning my boys will eat them and think I’ve gone even crazier that I’m letting them eat sweets for breakfast! It’s just a total WIN in my book.
So now I ask you – have you made breakfast cookies before? And is there anything you get super excited about when you bake? (or am I a total weirdo who dances in the kitchen when a recipe turns out great? 😉 )
- 1 large banana mashed
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, smash banana with a fork. Add in peanut butter and mix together. Continue adding the Truvia, vanilla, oats, cinnamon, flour, milk, baking soda and raisins. Lightly mix until blended.
- Drop by tablespoon (I used a cookie scoop) onto cookie sheet. Get the bottom of a cup wet with water and smash each cookie down into a flat circle.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to rack to cool. Store all leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!