A healthier Banana Bread that’s made with white whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt. It’s moist and has a delicious crust on the top that’s to die for!
Happy New Year! Wow. It’s 2014 already. I can’t believe it!
Last year went by so fast. I have like 50 resolutions. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? One of mine is to stop and enjoy the small moments more. I get caught up in the stress of life and forget to take the time to stop and enjoy the little things.
I’m also wanting to eat better. I think everyone feels like that after the holiday purge. So much unhealthy eating. I have some bad habits once I start a new diet, though. I immediately only think of the things I can’t have. And that’s all I can think about. So. Annoying.
So instead of dieting, I just try to be more aware of what I’m eating. I don’t stop eating sweets, but I just try to make them a little healthier (if I can) and eat a smidge less of them.
Ever since my Healthy Granola Parfait post on Monday, I have been messing around with coconut oil and I even bought a container of Truvia to try baking with. Have you ever used either of those in baking recipes?
This banana bread is a favorite that I make all the time. My boys love it. It is SO good. But now I’m dying to try it using coconut oil and Truvia! I might have to try it this week and let you know how it goes.
If you’re trying to be a little healthier this year, this is a great recipe to add to your must-try list this year. We love it! It uses white whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt and comes out with this crust on the top that is just amazing. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Healthy Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Combine bananas, oil, yogurt, eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add flours, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir just until combined.
- Spray a large loaf pan (I use a 9x5 glass pan) with cooking spray. Pour banana mixture inside loaf pan and bake for about 60-85 minutes. If you use two smaller pans, the cook time will need to be adjusted. It will probably take around 45 minutes.
- Use the toothpick method to check and see if it's cooked in the middle. Cool on rack and then remove from pans. Slice and enjoy!