Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce is the perfect way to celebrate fall! This applesauce recipe is so simple (only 5 ingredients), uses up all of those extra apples you have sitting around and is incredibly tasty!
Ahhh…it’s finally feeling like fall here in Southern California! I heard that it snowed in some places like Utah yesterday. Yeah, that sucks for people that live there! While they’re dealing with snow, us Los Angelenos are pulling out the sweaters and boots FINALLY! It’s about time. 😉
I am utterly in love with this time of year. I love every season but fall and winter have a special spot in my heart. I’ve never lived in snowy climates so maybe that’s why I love it so much – ha! A couple reasons I love it:
- Pumpkin all the things. Of course!
- Hot, yummy drinks like hot chocolate or homemade hot wassail.
- Fall clothes! Boots/sweaters/scarves – I love it all!
- Apple recipes!
There are so many great apple varieties for super cheap at the supermarket right now. One great way to use those fabulous apples, is by making homemade applesauce.
Have you ever made homemade applesauce in the crock pot? Crock pot applesauce is SO easy. Like, ridiculously easy. It’s hardly even a recipe! It’s apples plus a few other easy ingredients, only FIVE to be exact. Stick it all in the crock pot and a few short hours later, the most flavorful, delicious applesauce you could ever imagine! So much better than store bought! You don’t even need to dice the apples, just slice them really quick and throw in the crock pot. Boom. Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce.
And then make yourself some Applesauce Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup!
- 12 golden delicious apples
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Peel and core apples. Cut into fourths and place in crock pot. Toss apples in lemon juice and then add in sugar and cinnamon, stirring to combine. Add in water.
- Cover with crock pot lid. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, until apples are very softened. Eat immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious apple recipes? Check these out:
This recipe was originally shared on I Heart Nap Time on October 16, 2014