Make dinner EASY with this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken! Throw a few easy ingredients in the Instant Pot and the result is perfectly tender chicken you can put in taco shells, on salads or just devour all by itself. A delicious and healthy dinner recipe!
If you find yourself walking through the door at the end of a busy day, thinking, what in the heck am I going to make for dinner?! I’ve got the PERFECT dinner recipe for you – Instant Pot Salsa Chicken!!
I have a serious love/hate relationship with my slow cooker. I love the idea of being able to put ingredients into it in the morning to then come home at the end of the day to an already-made dinner. I love that idea! BUT a couple things I hate are the fact that sometimes the meat ends up rubbery, or just having that “crock pot taste”. Since every slow cooker is different, sometimes the cooking time in one recipe just doesn’t work with your slow cooker.
Last November on Black Friday, I spotted a fabulous deal on the infamous Instant Pot and I immediately purchased it. You guys, it literally sat in the box on my kitchen table for two months. TWO MONTHS!! I think I was just annoyed with the fact that I would have to learn how to use it, and I was pretty sure it would take me forever to get the process down.
Finally I got the guts to open the box and read the instructions on how it worked. This recipe was the first recipe I ever made and I’ve made it dozens of times since, tweaking the recipe to perfection!
Here’s the best part, you can make this with thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts or even rock solid frozen ones! The first time I tried it with frozen chicken breasts, I really didn’t know how well it would turn out. Seriously though, the meat was so tender that when you tried to take a chicken breast from the Instant Pot, it would literally just fall apart into pieces. Y-U-M!
This has since become a staple dinner in my house. If I have no clue what to make for dinner, I’ll just grab some chicken from the freezer and make a big batch of Instant Pot Salsa Chicken. It makes amazing tacos or it’s great on a bed of crispy lettuce for a low carb dinner. Of course it’s delicious on its own, too! Leftovers are always amazing, too! I hope you’ll give this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe a try for dinner tonight!
- 3½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 (4-oz) jar diced green chilies
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot. Add in all the other ingredients and give a quick stir.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the Meat/Stew function and set timer to 45 minutes for frozen chicken breasts or 25 minutes for thawed chicken breasts.
- When timer beeps, carefully turn pressure release valve to venting and let Instant Pot de-pressurize. Carefully open Instant Pot lid and pull chicken out and shred it.
- Place it back into the Instant Pot with remaining liquid. Serve on tortillas, in salads, or alone. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: