Bran Muffins are one of my favorite breakfasts ever! Make the batter up ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. No need to ever stir the batter once you’ve refrigerated! These muffins are incredibly light, fluffy, flavorful and absolutely delicious! A family-favorite! (Thanks to Truvía® for sponsoring this post.)
Okay, fess up. January is almost over. Are you still holding on strong to your New Years resolutions?
Be truthful! Or did they fly out the window a few weeks ago like mine did? Ha!
I’ve been good about a couple things and bad about a couple things. I’m not one to make a ton of huge resolutions that I know I can’t keep. I’m all about keeping it smallish. 😉 One of mine was to take a multi-vitamin every day. Easy, right? Ha! I failed at that the first week of January! Another is to drink more water. Let’s be honest, that’s always going to be on my list and it’s always going to be a work in progress. #idontlikewater
But a couple of the resolutions I’ve stuck to, is eating a healthy breakfast and simplifying my life. I have both of those covered for you here today all rolled into one recipe, woot woot!
Here’s why these bran muffins are going to simplify your breakfast and your life:
- You make up a batch of batter and you never have to stir it again!
- It stays in the fridge until ready to be scooped into the muffin tins.
- It’s easy to make, with only 9 simple ingredients you probably already have. Life with Less Ingredients is Just As Sweet! #truth
- You can double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to make a LOT of ready-to-use bran muffin batter!
- Oh, and did I mention it lasts in the fridge for up to six weeks? 😉
- These bran muffins are lower in sugar because they have Truvia® Baking Blend in them!
See? So many awesome things about these bran muffins that will simplify your life and your morning! This recipe has always been a family favorite. It’s one of those tried & true recipes that I grew up eating and my boys have grown up eating. It’s a recipe straight from my dad’s family cookbook and I make them all the time!
I love the simplicity of it. You make a batch up in about 10 minutes and stick it in the fridge. When you’re in a hurry for breakfast, preheat the oven and scoop some of the batter into a muffin tin. Stick them in the oven, do your hair and make-up and BAM. The muffins are done and you look like a hero for having breakfast ready for the whole family in no time! Plus, they’re lower in sugar, thanks to Truvia®!
Life with Less Hassle is Just As Sweet. Truth!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups bran cereal
- 1/2 cup oil canola, coconut, etc
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk*
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a medium bowl, stir baking soda into boiling water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together Truvia and oil. Add eggs and mix in well.
- Stir in buttermilk, flour and salt. Pour the soda water in and mix well.
- Stir in the bran cereal and mix well. Store this mixture in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use as needed.
- This will keep for up to six weeks in the fridge and you will never have to stir again! When you're ready to bake up a batch, line muffin tin with paper liners or grease generously and fill each cup 2/3 full with mixture. Bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes. This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, etc!
*personally, I enjoy making the batter a day or so ahead of time before making the first batch. I make this batter the night before and cook in the morning for a quick breakfast!
P.S. How CUTE are these cupcake liners? Get your favorite colors and styles over at Shop Sweets & Treats!