Skillet Cookie with a Nutella Swirl for dessert? Why yes, I think I will! Plus 23 Delicious Nutella Recipes to help you celebrate World Nutella Day!
Have you ever had the worst day ever and then made a skillet cookie and completely devoured the entire thing by yourself in 5 minutes? Yeah, me neither. (wink, wink!)
We all know dessert is the ultimate comfort food. I must admit, I’m not a big cookie fan. I know you’re thinking “Um, right. Who doesn’t like cookies?” right now, but I just don’t! If I had the choice, I would choose brownies or cake over a dozen cookies. BUT…now we’re talking about a skillet cookie. With a Nutella swirl. So yeah, the game has changed, lol!
My oldest son turned 14 last November and he’s not a cake fan. He specifically asked for “pizookies” instead of Birthday cake. Have you ever had a pizookie at a restaurant before? Or made them from home? I hadn’t ever made one from scratch. I had to run to Bed, Bath & Beyond to grab some skillets so I could attempt to make some at home.
I’m so glad I did! One of the best investments are these super cute 8″ cast iron skillets! They’re great to make desserts and dips in. They’re a great appetizer size. They’re amazing for a skillet cookie! I adapted one of my favorite lower cholesterol cookie recipes from Mrs. Fields and added just the right amount of Nutella swirls to the top. Baked it up and watched that cookie puff up under those Nutella swirls!
Add a couple scoops of light ice cream or frozen yogurt to the top of your fresh-from-the-oven skillet cookie…and wait for it to melt. 🙂 Heaven!
Now, you can use Homemade Nutella, or skip the Nutella and add chocolate chips instead if you wish. But why would you? Nutella is the BOMB! Did you know that it’s World Nutella Day?
Yep. So don’t be surprised if you see Nutella everywhere you look today. I always have at least one of those huge containers of it from Costco in my pantry. My boys love it! We like to dip apples in peanut butter and Nutella. The best after school snack ever.
But my new favorite (and soon to be yours, too!) is swirling it in a skillet cookie.
I can’t even get over that yummy, ooey, gooey, cookie/Nutella/ice cream combo above! I need another Nutella swirled skillet cookie ASAP!!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose-flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- frozen yogurt or light vanilla ice cream if desired for topping
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix with a whisk and set aside.
- In an electric mixer, blend butter/margarine and sugars until it becomes a grainy paste.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg whites, honey and vanilla to sugar/butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and blend on low speed until just combined.
- Divide the cookie mixture into two 8" greased cast iron skillets. Place small scoops of the Nutella spread on top of the cookie and swirl with the tip of a knife to get a swirled effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 mins or until golden brown and springy to the touch. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt for an even yummier treat. Enjoy!
To celebrate World Nutella Day, I’ve teamed up with some amazing bloggers to bring you 23 Delicious Nutella Recipes! You will drool over this collection of sweet Nutella treats!
Celebrating Food Bloggers Nutella Recipes (Pictured Above!):
- Nutella Puff Pastry by Summer Scraps
- Easy Bacon Nutella Souffle by The Stay at Home Chef
- Slow Cooker Nutella Brownie Pudding by 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Chocolate Hazelnut Nutella by Ashlee Marie
- Nutella Mousse Cookie Cups by Butter With a Side of Bread
- Nutella Banana Crepes by The Baker Upstairs
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by Life Made Simple
- Nutella Strawberry Pie by Jamie Cooks it Up!
- Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies by Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Nutella S’Mores Bars by Bless this Mess
- Nutella Buttercream Frosting by Real Mom Kitchen
- Nutella Swirled Skillet Cookie Recipe by Yummy Healthy Easy (you’re here!)
Now 11 More Delicious Nutella Recipes for you to enjoy…
- Pain au Chocolat
- Flourless Nutella Raspberry Cake
- Speedy 3 Ingredient Brownies
- Peanut Butter Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- No-Bake Granola Bars with Nutella Drizzle
- Nutella and Raspberry Fillo Cups
- Nutella Sugar Cookies
- Slow Cooker Nutella Banana Bread
- Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- Nutella Pancake Pizzas
- Nutella Krispy Treats