Celebrate cooler weather with an easy one-pot lasagna soup! It’s the perfect comfort food dinner that’s a family-pleaser, and all cooked in one pot! Plus a KitchenAid mixer giveaway! #winning 😉
This month so far I’ve taken three trips! Three trips that have taken me away from my family. Tomorrow I leave for another four-day trip to Jamaica, without my family. This is totally unlike me! Four trips in one month?!! Ahhh!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a bit of a home-body. I love sitting on my bed, next to my hubby, with my laptop on my lap and a Netflix show playing on the television in front of me. Best. Time. Ever. Not that I’m complaining about all the fun stuff, but I’m definitely a bit boring.
Traveling does a number on my psyche. I love it but I hate it too. I love seeing new places but hate being away from my family. For one, it definitely affects my menu planning. I come back from a trip and have no clue what to make for my kiddos.
Recently I went on a girls’ weekend trip with my sisters and sister-in-laws to Arizona. We visited my Mom and Dad’s cabin in Prescott, AZ. I flew over from Los Angeles and my oldest sister picked me and my other sister up from the airport.
We drove with my two sisters-in-law from Mesa, AZ to Prescott. We spent a few nights just hanging around my parents cabin. One afternoon, as we were driving in my sisters car, my sister in law starts talking to me about this lasagna soup that she makes. I instantly become intrigued.
Of course when I get home, I research it and made my own version. My version is a one-pot lasagna soup that’s easy to make. Flavorful but quick to make for a weeknight meal. If you’re like me and struggling to find new meals to make during the week, you MUST try this lasagna soup! My boys absolutely loved it and it’s now a new soup on the menu rotation. 🙂
On the next cold day, I hope you give it a try! And of course, don’t forget to enter the KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway below, too! Good luck!
One Pot Easy Lasagna Soup
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 15-oz cans petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. prepared parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a pot. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Break up and brown. Drain.
- Add Italian seasoning and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. pour in broth, tomatoes, pasta and zucchini. Cover and cook for 11-13 minutes, until pasta and zucchini are tender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- For cheese topping: combine ricotta cheese, parmesan, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Ladle soup in a bowl and add a topping of cheese mixture on top. Enjoy!
Ready for a giveaway? Enter below!
Giveaway Hosted by:
A Dash of Sanity, The Love Nerds, Fake Ginger, Domestic Superhero, The Gunny Sack
Crazy for Crust, Spend with Pennies, The Recipe Rebel, Self Proclaimed Foodie, Eazy Peazy Mealz
Mandy’s Recipe Box, Yummy Healthy Easy, Carlsbad Cravings, Love Bakes Good Cakes
Dinners, Dishes & Desserts, High Heels & Grills