Meriem from the beautiful Culinary Couture blog, is this month’s host. She picked some wonderful ingredients and we had to use three of them:
This dish actually uses FOUR of the Mystery Dish ingredients – go me! Chicken, butter, pecans and heavy cream. Probably not the healthiest of meals I’ve made, but one of the best!
This recipe is adapted from one of my Aunt Cathy’s, who is an amazing chef. I’ve changed it a bit to use ingredients I usually have on hand. I’ve made this dish for my family several times now and it’s just a no-fail dinner that everyone loves.
The chicken is moist and flavorful. The crust on it is divine. It’s a great chicken breast recipe all by itself. Add in the apple cream sauce and – wow. It just boosts the flavor profile way up there. Thinking about it now has me salivating!
This chicken really is delicious and is such a quick meal to whip up any night of the week. You can make this as a quick weeknight meal or for an impressive dinner in with your hot date. 😉 Either way, every one will love this!
Pecan Crusted Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onions or shallot
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup half pint container heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- For sauce: Melt butter and olive oil in medium saucepan over low heat. Add onions or shallot and stir until softened. Add apple juice and water.
- Increase heat to high and boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Reduce heat to medium. Add the cream. Cook about 5 minutes (careful not to boil the cream over).
- Add the salt, pepper honey and vinegar. Heat for a few more minutes, or until thickened a bit more. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, blend together flour, pecans, thyme, salt and pepper in a food processor. Dump pecan mixture onto a large plate. Pour milk into a medium sized bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Dip each chicken breast one at a time into the milk and then the pecan mixture. Pat to help adhere to the chicken.
- Cook chicken in prepared skillet, turning once until golden brown on both sides. Serve with apple cream sauce. Enjoy!
2. Old Fashioned Corn Pudding by The Weary Chef
3. Raspberry Peach Cobbler with Oatmeal Pecan Crumble by Joyful Healthy Eats
4. Peach Raspberry Galette by Blahnik Baker
5. Pecan Crusted Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce by Yummy Healthy Easy
6. Sweet Corn Soup with Peaches by The Pajama Chef
7. Dutch Peach Pie Bars by I Dig Pinterest
8. Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup by Baking A Moment
9. Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Butter Rum Pecan Glaze by The Well Floured Kitchen
10. Peach Pecan Cinnamon Roll Cake by Chez Catey Lou
11. Peach Frozen Yogurt with Pecan Graham Cracker Crumble by Culinary Couture