This Pizza Mummy Braid is a quick and easy dinner for the Halloween season. Perfect to serve your little goblins before they head out trick-or-treating!
Last Halloween, I had no special dinner planned for my family. Before trick-or-treating, we decided to grab a quick pizza to-go at this place we heard was amazing.
Well, apparently everyone in the entire radius of our town had the same thought. Minutes of wait time turned into about an hour plus wait time for ONE. PIZZA. My husband was furious and the kids were anxious, so we cancelled our order. We ended up grabbing drive-thru Burger King instead.
And I got food poisoning.
Yes, people. Lesson learned.
I vowed that I would always make dinner at home on Halloween. Oh, and that I would never go to Burger King anymore. Yes, dramatic I know, but that’s how I roll.
This spooky Pizza Mummy Braid is about as easy as it gets and it’s so fun! My boys thought it was so clever and got a kick out of eating it for dinner. I plan to make it again on Halloween night because:
a) it’s super cute
b) they liked it
c) it’s so easy
d) it’s super cute 😉
Do you have a Halloween night dinner tradition?
Pizza Mummy Braid
This Pizza Mummy Braid is a quick and easy dinner for the Halloween season.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 13.8-oz tube Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced black olives
- Spray a large cookie sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pizza crust out on cookie sheet. Pat down with fingers to make a large, even rectangle.
- Take a pizza cutter or knife and cut about 2 1/2 inch long, one inch wide strips on both sides of the dough, (I eyeballed it) leaving about 4 inches in the middle for the filling.
- Cut off the third strips on each side and discard. This will be where your mummy's eyes go.
- Spread pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese (or whatever toppings you like!) down the middle strip.
- Now it's mummy wrapping time! Starting at the top, lay each flap left to right, over eachother making them overlap or cross. Make sure to leave a little space where your eyes should go! Continue to overlap flaps until done.
- Place a pepperoni and olive slice in area with no flaps, for the eyes. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until pizza dough is golden brown and cooked through. Slice strips from bottom to top to serve. Enjoy!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @JenNikolaus or tag #YummyHealthyEasy!
Looking for more cute Halloween ideas? Check these out:
That is just to cute!
Andi G. says
Jen, I absolutely love this! You are so creative! I’m going to share this all over the place 🙂
Adell Goff says
Seriously, what a perfect dinner for Halloween! Love it!
[email protected] says
What an adorable idea for dinner or party food….LOVE this!
These are super cute!
Becky Bevan Blad says
Oh my! What a terrible Halloween you had! I’m sorry! This pizza mummy is too cute! I love it! We always have chili on Halloween. It’s a fun tradition!
That’s a great idea! We usually roast hotdogs and make smores, but I don’t think that’s going to happen this year so I was in need of some ideas.
Awesome idea! You rocked this…even though it was inspired by a terrible turn of events!
This pizza mummy braid is absolutely adorable! I’m so excited to try making it for Halloween this year. My husband loves mummies and will definitely get a kick out of this!
I found your blog through Pinterest and can’t wait to read through your archives. BTW, I have the same Halloween towel (I think it was from Target?) So cute!
What a great idea!! Good to know you’ve got a better plan in place for this year’s Halloween!
Jennifer @ My Sweet Sanity says
What a cute idea for Halloween pizza.
Heather @FrenchPress says
I cannot WAIT to put these in my kiddos lunches
Hi! I write from Italy so it’s obvious I’m loving pizza! So cute idea for an Halloween snack! Kids love pizza!
I’m linking from weekend wonderss tank for sharing!
Can’t stop looking at your pics…love the eyes! I’m actually going to plan on having all the little boys make this for my little one’s Halloween party in a couple weeks. Already shared on g+ and pinned! (=
So cute Jen! I bet your kids loved these; I know my boys would!
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl says
These are too cute, pinning to my Halloween board!
Would love to do these for church this week! How many does the recipe serve?
I love this idea and am actually making it now but the directions are not very clear about the strips on the side. My first one came out kind of funky but the second one will look better!!
Really? Sorry about that! It’s hard to put that kind of thing in writing. Step by step pictures would probably be better!