This Pizza Mummy Braid is a quick and easy dinner for the Halloween season. Perfect to serve your little goblins before they head out trick-or-treating!
Pizza Mummy Braid
- 1 13.8-oz tube Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced black olives
- Spray a large cookie sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pizza crust out on cookie sheet. Pat down with fingers to make a large, even rectangle.
- Take a pizza cutter or knife and cut about 2 1/2 inch long, one inch wide strips on both sides of the dough, (I eyeballed it) leaving about 4 inches in the middle for the filling.
- Cut off the third strips on each side and discard. This will be where your mummy's eyes go.
- Spread pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese (or whatever toppings you like!) down the middle strip.
- Now it's mummy wrapping time! Starting at the top, lay each flap left to right, over eachother making them overlap or cross. Make sure to leave a little space where your eyes should go! Continue to overlap flaps until done.
- Place a pepperoni and olive slice in area with no flaps, for the eyes. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until pizza dough is golden brown and cooked through. Slice strips from bottom to top to serve. Enjoy!