Easy, quick and delicious BBQ Pork Sandwiches your family will love! This BBQ pork is quickly cooked on the grill, sliced, smothered with a homemade barbecue sauce and topped with a crunchy slaw. You will love this easy dinner!
It has been so hot here up until a few days ago. Sweltering, actually. It seemed like as soon as school began, it heated up to unbearable temps. It was right at that same time that I started getting all into the fall season. I put up my fall decorations and I planned to make some yummy soups/stews. But guess what? The weather decided to not cooperate and it got up into the 90’s! Soup and 90 degree weather do not go well together.
So then I plan this yummy grilled pork with slaw and corn on the cob and guess what? It’s been cloudy and cold! I barbecued with a sweater on! Maybe I need to plan more summer dinners so the weather will be more fall-like? Either way, these BBQ Pork Sandwiches are so delicious and super easy.
You slice your tenderloin in half lengthwise and make a quick sauce. Put the two halves in the sauce, but leave about a 1/4 cup to spread on your sandwiches later. Grill the tenderloins for five minutes then flip and grill for another 6 minutes and let it rest. Make a quick slaw, slice up your meat. Place on buns with sauce and slaw and done! It is SO easy but looks like you spent hours making it.
My husband and boys loved it! Has it cooled down in your neck of the woods yet? Either way, this dinner will be a hit!
Quick BBQ Pork Sandwiches with Homemade Sauce & Slaw
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lower sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1-pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 head cabbage shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to high heat. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1/4 cup ketchup mixture and set aside. Add halved pork to remaining ketchup mixture. Make sure it is coated completely.
- Oil the grill rack and place pork halves on it. Close lid and grill for 5 minutes. Turn pork over and grill another 6 minutes, or until thickest part registers 150º on a meat thermometer. Remove pork from grill and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut pork across the grain into thin slices.
- Place buns, cut sides down, in a single layer on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill for two minutes or until toasted and golden brown.
- While pork cooks, combine cabbage, carrots, green onions, sugar and salt in a medium sized bowl. Toss and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place one bottom bun half on each of 4 plates. Divide sliced pork onto bottom buns and top with 1 tablespoon of reserved BBQ sauce and about 1/2 cup of slaw. Place top halves on top of sandwiches and devour. Enjoy!
Ah I totally hear you! It was 90 degrees in MN yesterday…. And I busted out my pumpkin last night. Crazy food blogger I am. My FAVE is pork sandwiches with slaw…PINNING!
marcie @ flavor the moments says
This pork (and sandwich) look delicious, Jen! Pulled pork was what I served on game day this past week, but it wasn’t quick. I need to more of the “quick” so I can catch more of the game next time. This would be perfect!
Heather @FrenchPress says
delicious! one of my favorite sammies in the summer
[email protected] says
Awesome recipe! Why is it that the temperatures always heat up just in time for back to school….when everyone is ready for fall!? They’re falling quickly around here, though…by the weekend it’s supposed to be 60!
Miz Helen says
I will sure take that awesome sandwich, it looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
Come Back Soon,
Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater! says
Looks so good! I need more pork recipes, so thanks! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #30.
~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com
Pinned! Featuring this at Family Fun Friday!