So here are some cookies to celebrate the weekend! I made these the other day and they disappeared in like 20 minutes. My boys loved them.
It’s kind of a good way to use up leftover Halloween candy after the big trick or treating day next week. Not that we ever have much candy leftover… more like an excuse to buy another bag of candy around here, ha!
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces candies
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flours, cocoa, soda and salt with a wire whisk.
- In an electric mixer, blend together the softened butter and sugars, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed. When almost combined, add Reese's Pieces and mix until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Drop by tablespoon or use a cookie scoop to place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack as soon as they're out of the oven.