I feel like this week has dragged on. I hate that.
So here are some cookies to celebrate the weekend! I made these the other day and they disappeared in like 20 minutes. My boys loved them.
It’s kind of a good way to use up leftover Halloween candy after the big trick or treating day next week. Not that we ever have much candy leftover… more like an excuse to buy another bag of candy around here, ha!
Reese's Pieces Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces candies
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flours, cocoa, soda and salt with a wire whisk.
- In an electric mixer, blend together the softened butter and sugars, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed. When almost combined, add Reese's Pieces and mix until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Drop by tablespoon or use a cookie scoop to place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack as soon as they're out of the oven.
Andi G. says
These look so perfect, Jen! (I saw them first on FoodGawker!) We nurse candy in this house, and I’ve thrown out tons when I can’t even remember what year it came from. Cookies, on the other hand, don’t last long at all in our house, so I’m definitely going to make this recipe with some trick-or-treating leftovers!
Great project !!
I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!
Look forward to seeing you there 🙂
Julie Murkerson says
Great cookie recipe, Jen! I am a cookie addict…I cannot stay away from them when they are in my house. They are the only sweet treat I have a problem with, well that and brownies! Pinning and sharing on social media. Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays!
Brothers are just the best aren’t they? Love these cookies. They are so perfect looking I could sink my teeth into them!