Our weather here in Southern California has been a little sketchy. One day it’s sunny and feels like it’s a hundred degrees but then the next it’s cloudy and cold. What’s up with that?! One thing the cloudy weather does, is make me want to bake. I want to bake in the afternoon and then spend my evening curled up with a yummy homemade treat in my hand. 🙂
But…that’s bad for my waistline. 🙂
So when I found this recipe floating around on Pinterest, I decided I had to make it but would try and make it a little (itty bitty) bit healthier. My husband laughs when I describe these kinds of desserts as “healthy” because obviously they’re not. BUT it does have a little less oil, right?! And more protein from the yogurt, right?! And in my book, less oil and more protein equals a second helping! If you’re craving something sweet yet don’t want as many calories, this is your dessert!
- 1 15.25-oz box white or yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist French Vanilla)
- 1 1-oz box sugar free vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips I eyeballed my measurements and used Reese's Pieces and mini chocolate chips. You can use whatever you have on hand or your favorites! :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together cake mix and pudding in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add oil, water, yogurt and eggs and stir to combine. Batter will be thick. Spread in bottom of pan, smoothing to make even.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, being careful to not overbake! (Mine took a little under 20 minutes!) Let cool and cut into bars and enjoy!!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @JenNikolaus or tag #YummyHealthyEasy!
Looking for more skinny desserts? Check these out:
Violet Lulu says
new follower from aloha friday!
Kay Ica says
1. Following you now from the TGIF blog hop. 🙂
2. OMG everything on your blog is making me SO hungry.
3. I’m basically only eating things you post now, because if this is the stuff you eat to look the way you do (youthful and beautiful) then sign me up! LOL
Looking forward to more of your posts! 🙂
California DIY DIva: Weddings, Decor & More
Yummy! I would like one for breakfast, please?!
Kim Hood says
These look yummy! I’ve printed the recipe and will make them soon!! Visiting from Let’s Get Social Sunday. Thanks for sharing!
Kim @ Curtain Queen
Terri Vanech says
They look delicious!
Kim of Mo'Betta says
Your ‘skinny’ logic is just like mine! Definitely lets you have a 2nd piece!
It is always great to find a recipe that you can make and eat and not feel too guilty about it.I can’t wait to try these.
I am your newest GFC.
Have a wonderful weekend,
@ Eclectic Red
Heather Fillyaw Graham says
Delicious! Now I’m in the baking mood… with those yummy cookies, and now this! YUM! LOL! Thanks again for linking up! I’m pinning & sharing via facebook!
[email protected] says
The minute I saw the Reese’s I was SOLD! As if I wasn’t already before that….. 🙂
[email protected] says
Those look delicious! I love that you used a cake mix!
Sounds great…anything to help with the waist line! Your weather sounds like Utah, we had snow this past weekend!