So back to food…we normally have Taco Tuesday every week. My kids are obsessed with Taco Tuesday. I get extremely bored with the saaaaaame thing so I try to jazz it up once in awhile. I threw this into the crock pot and served it instead of tacos and my kids devoured it! It’s really simple and adaptable to your family’s likes. My boys didn’t blink an eye at eating the corn that was in it. Booyah for casseroles that hide vegetables, ha!
You may want to save this recipe to your personal recipe box on Ziplist. After creating your account, simply click ‘Save Recipe‘ below. It will then be saved in your personal recipe box for you to access at any time. You can save any of my recipes using the same procedure.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 10-oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts cooked & shredded or cubed (or 1 large can chicken, drained)
- 1 15-oz can Ranch-Style beans, drained
- 1 11-oz can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese blend
- 1 2-1/4 oz can sliced black olives
- sour cream and chopped cilantro for serving
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat until softened. Stir in enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place two tortillas on the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer one-third of the cooked chicken on top of the tortillas. Top with one-third of the enchilada sauce mixture. Layer one-third of the beans on top. Now one-third of the corn. Add 1/3 cup of cheese and sprinkle one-third of the olives over the top.
- Repeat the layers TWO more times and then top with 2 tortillas. Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours. Scoop out onto plates and serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro. ENJOY!!
Here are a few pictures to help with the process:
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat until softened. Stir in enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Place two tortillas on the bottom of the slow cooker:
Christina @ This Woman Cooks! says
Yum! This looks like my kind of meal. 🙂
Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA says
Looks so yummy!
Wendy Sondov says
I am always looking for new crock pot recipes with lots of flavor. This looks great! Thanks!
Fluster Buster says
I always appreciate a good slow cooker recipe. Thanks it looks really yummy. I’m following you via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!
Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,
Kathie SassyLittleLady says
Hello, I’d love to have you come share your post at Show and Tell Saturday #6 at Sassy Little Lady!
This dish was delicious! I wasn’t sure how the tortillas would fair in the crock pot, but they turned out fantastic!
Yummy! This sounds really good! I love the tortillas in the bottom!
Hi Jen! I made this for the first time and it is amazingly simple and delicious! I followed the recipe and everything came out perfect:-) It tastes so flavorful and so satisfying you can’t go wrong! I look forward to trying your other recipes:-)
Oh my word, you just made my day! Thanks for your sweet comment, and I really hope you’ll try some more recipes! Thank you for reading! xo!