Incredibly delicious Grilled Turkey and Cheese sandwiches with a southwestern flair and homemade chipotle mayo. This is a turkey sandwich unlike any other you’ve tasted… 😉 (This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey.)
I’m what you would call a “sandwich snob.” I don’t like boring sandwiches, limited to ingredients such as mayo, mustard, meat and bread. The foodie in me needs something new and exciting, something added into a sandwich to give it just a little more pizzazz – more oomph.
If you’re like me, and nodding your head in agreement, then I have the sandwich for you! And even if you aren’t nodding your head, you will be after trying this crazy delish grilled turkey and cheese sandwich!
One other thing I’m snobby about is my meat. I don’t like the flavor or texture of most lunchmeat. You can almost taste the preservatives. Sometimes the color even looks off, like it’s been added.
But let me introduce you to my new favorite sliced turkey…
Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey! Why is it so good? Well, because it’s:
- Lower in sodium and has no nitrates or nitrites
- All natural
- Contains no chemicals or preservatives
- Raised without hormones or steroids
- 98% fat-free
But really overall, it just tastes good. 🙂 It’s a better choice when I’m buying sliced lunchmeat for my family. But don’t take my word for it, click HERE to grab a $1.00 off coupon now and buy your very own to try out!
But let’s get back to this grilled turkey and cheese, shall we? I really can’t even get over how good these sandwiches are. The outer slices are spread with garlic/parmesan butter and cooked on a griddle or hot pan, making them crispy and flavorful.
The inside is spread with an easy homemade chipotle mayo, and layered with sliced Colby jack cheese, tomato slices, cilantro and Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey. The cheese gets all melted and the sandwich just sort of melts in your mouth when you bite into it. It is seriously the best turkey sandwich I’ve ever had!
Do you have a favorite turkey sandwich that’s anything but normal? If so, you need to participate in the “Don’t Call Me Basic” sandwich contest! Create your most unique turkey sandwich recipe and post it on Instagram for a chance to win a luxury weekend trip to the Napa Valley or $4,000 cash! Even if you’re not that creative, submit a turkey sandwich recipe and you’re automatically eligible to win weekly prizes – either a high-end panini press or gourmet picnic basket set – from a random drawing.
Here are the simple steps to enter:
- Create a turkey sandwich using Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey lunchmeat and other creative ingredients of your choosing.
- Post a photo of your sandwich to Instagram. In the caption, include the list of ingredients and tag @FosterFarms and #DontCallMeBasic. Make sure your profile is public!
Entries may also be emailed to [email protected] if participants don’t have an Instagram account.
For more details on the contest and the official Rules & Regulations, visit www.fosterfarms.com/dontcallmebasic.pdf
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6-8 slices of bread I used an Italian round loaf
- thin slices Colby jack cheese
- 6 ounces of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey lunchmeat I used the oven roasted flavor
- fresh cilantro
- 1 to mato thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 3/4 - 1 tsp. diced chipotle peppers
- Combine parmesan cheese, butter and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and chipotle peppers in another small bowl. Set aside.
- On 3 slices of bread, spread reserved chipotle mayo. Layer a slice of cheese, a few slices of turkey, a couple slices of tomato, a sprinkling of chopped cilantro, another slice of cheese, and top with another piece of bread. Repeat on other sandwiches.
- Spread the butter mixture on outsides of sandwiches and cook on griddle over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Pull off heat and slice in half. Serve alone or with your favorite soup. Enjoy!
If you liked this sandwich recipe, you might like these too:
(This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey.)
Deborah @ The Harvest Kitchen says
Great looking sandwich!! Love the chipotle mayo!!
Thanks so much, Deborah!! xo!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
Turkey and cheese is such a classic and delicious combination but that chipotle mayo too? This needs to happen!
PS- That French Dip sandwich….geebuz.
Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom says
I am snobby about my meat too! I love Foster Farms and this sandwich looks incredible.
[email protected] says
That is my kind a sandwich! I love turkey, and I’m also a meat snob. So I’ll have to give this brand a try!
Ronald Fairchild says
Looks like a commercial for foster Farms.No real instructions,what did you do with the garlic?
If you would have read the recipe correctly, you would have seen that the garlic goes into the butter mixture which is spread on the bread. I give free recipes here (aka you don’t pay for them, you get to get everything for FREE) and in exchange, I get paid by brands that I really love, such as Foster Farms so that I can continue to spend time making and testing recipes so that again, you can get recipes here for no cost. I hope that helps.
Obviously you didn’t read the directions carefully.
recipes are great…